Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
score. Getting there on books now I have 1926 through 54 covered. Small gap till 75. I just need the ignition info really.
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Saw thhat one. just been picking them up *** I see them uner 30. Prob have to shelves of them. Best are the prestolight parts and servicemanuals they made a ton of electrical for mopar.

s-l500.jpg

Hey guys...
If I'm just turning the engine with a ratchet, compression gauge attached, what's s "good" reading? Or am I just looking for consistency in the reading?

Thanks

Chris, an acceptable compression on each cylinder would be between 90 and 120

Even with the funky foggy weather this morning there were a buncha Derelicts at the Donut Shop :lol: Hold on to your hats! :eek: There were 2 A Bodies there. A '68 GT and a 340 6-Pack Demon. Then up the street at Kay's Kountry Kitchen 8 of the local Model A crowd had gathered for breakfast.

Can I get that with a socket wrench Mitch?
Yes, the combustion chambers do not care what speed that they are turned over. The intake and exhaust valves still close. If they are closing properly and if the rings are not too shot, the compression should be like I said or at least equal on all cylinders

Did a couple of hours in the garage... got the trans lines off and everything is finally ready to pull when i get some hands to help removing the hood.. This engine is like 1/2" deep in gunk... at least the bolts come lose :)

My experience with compression testing has been two bumps get the gage to over 50%,
3 to 4 bumps gets it close to that maximum. Over 5 compression strokes is not going to increase the reading much if at all.

With the engine out, I'd get or make a leak down setup.
its on my todo list...

edit: Mitch's point is good. Do the same on all cylinders. If its all 1 or all two or all 3 doesn't matter too much.

-
Back