Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Home from work early, wifey not feeling well, may take to ER we're going to see what the Tylenol does. She's tough, it's kidney stone related and she has a May appt., not the first go around.
Hope all is ok. Keep us posted.

I’d have to cook them till the fat all dripped away.
A lot of the fat does render off. Here's after an hour and a half @250°

20230424_161331.jpg

Gained over 1/4” in door skin. Think it will do the trick. Needs tack welds, but will install door and test fit it first. Then back off again to weld, seam seal. Wish i had the paint. Then i would be able to paint inside and fit it for the last time.

Next progress report. And of course, if you are manning the smoker you must have a toddy. This is a sample of Eagle Rare single barrel I wish I had a whole barrel of.

20230424_172251.jpg

20230424_174720.jpg

So machine shop guy and I spent an hour pouring over this Cummins, we can’t find anything obvious still that caused the coolant to enter the cylinder. He’s taking the head apart tomorrow and pressure testing the thing plus checking for trueness.

Speaking of patience

View attachment 1716081923i wasnt happy with the body line,unable to get door high enough. So its either panel isnt quite right or i flubbed up on the patches or left it too low when i crimped it. A do-over regardless. Will trim bottom edge of door and get it as high as i can.
Lesson learned. Has to go up at least 1/4” please don’t judge.
Well I don't think any of us would judge your work Frank and as far as I'm concerned you do a great job so when you get everything right the first time let us know your secret.

569 ft/lb at 3000 rpm? And it was higher at lower rpm. The run started at 3000. It's going in a 75 Cordoba.

I better take a photo before they are gone. Quite delicious! The fat rendered out @MOPARMITCH

Burnt ends 4-24-23.jpge.jpg

Last edited:
Man Frank I swear there is nothing you can’t tackle. Good job buddy. I would have bailed way before that. I don’t got a body work bone in my body. If it weren’t for @Fred Scigliano I would still be staring at the Demon wondering how to replace the inner panels!
You did all the work John I told you a few things and you figured it out real fast.

Down hard again yesterday. Dam had to sleep at least 20 hours. make up day today. Still grinding at filling the container. Takes a while organizing all the parts really.

-
Back