Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
The snap on one. Ken at the farm junk yard.
The Green one is a Winona Van Norman. I bought that machine in 1987. Used it at the Parts Store to turn rotors and drums for customers. Very Heavy Duty. Could turn truck drums with the dual wheels still attached to the drum. Paid 10K for it new. When I sold my stores, Carquest put it out on the dock and didn't want it anymore. I bought it from them for $500..LOL Took it to my buddy's shop since he had more room.

Nice to have access to one. The firechicken rotors were grooved again 4K miles. Just turned them instead of buying another set. Think she has two modes gas and brake!

Last edited:
Well I’m off to mess with this Cummins before work. OMR and I may have come up with a plan to test this block in the truck. More to follow

Do tell!

crystal-ball-fortune-teller.jpg

Speaking of Carlisle, I am making plans to go next summer. Have to decide if I haul the Demon out there or just go, hang out and walk around

Tell you what that container is actually kicking my ***. I really should have gone 40 footer!

I gotta test it first.

Getting a piece of plexiglass, gonna bolt that down to the deck, probably have to rtv silcone it to seal but then if it seals, I’m going to attempt to pull vacuum in each cylinder while also pressuring the water jackets to see if I can pull any coolant into the bores.

The spray dye didn’t show any cracks but were thinking pinhole in the wall

Doesn’t appear to be, I checked with a laser level but I’ll wait for the official word from the shop.

Im hoping it was just a junk head gasket
THat sucks when you take something apart and don't find a cause.

I am still blown away what a time capsule that is!

It's very cool isn't it, I love the rake!

It’s so 70’s, right down to the Keystone? wheels
Thank you! I looked at replacing the keystones with new ones, however BS is wrong. He had 2 spacers on each rear wheel and barely any thread for the lug nuts, I am surprised they stayed on the car. There were several loose when I trailered it home from NC after putting them on with air gun. Definitely unsafe and I hate spacers!

Morning guys, rebuilt my drivers side upper door hinge last night... doing the lower tonight.. then the fun of getting the door in the right spot :) Can't have saggy doors!

Going to take another cup of coffee to get me going this morning, my have to make it an Irish coffee, everyone have a good day your way.

Crap. Seems like everything is back ordered. Ordered some dual point repop leads, not only did they go from $60 to $70 they are back ordered also!

That sucks on the wheels. Is it stock or your location issues? I am assuming it is not easy getting products shipped to Canada. Plus you have to pay extra duty fees right?

That sucks on the wheels. Is it stock or your location issues? I am assuming it is not easy getting products shipped to Canada. Plus you have to pay extra duty fees right?
I,m thinking it is stock, we order parts from Jegs and Summit , usually with not problem. Yes we have to pay duty ! Tried to find them over here with nothing !! I wanted 5 inch dia. would even settle for 6 , nothing !

-
Back