Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Awwww...you going to kill that peep? Good Morning Keith. Everything good at work? By the way thats a good looking engine there.

Awwww...you going to kill that peep? Good Morning Keith. Everything good at work? By the way thats a good looking engine there.

Another Monday, back at it. I borrowed that drowning peep pic, but I have done that.

Mornin Mitch,

I got to play with the Duster a bit yesterday. Pulled the old front bushings out of the leaf springs. My hangers are rusted thin where the old rubber was against around the bolt hole - need to find a set.

Thats cool. My sister had the family over for dinner and it was a good day.

I may re arch the springs in the GTS since they are original to the car. I did that with the RR spring and it worked out well. Then I used poly bushings

Morning guys! Back to work Monday! Sounds like rain off and on all week . I just washed my truck!

Man, I was just over looking at my e-mails. I need to get in there and do some deleting. I have 1200+.

I'm lost...

I finished all of my GD&T home work yesterday.

Got both old lawn mowers tuned up and running, I'm gonna leave the new one in the box until I need it...

So I have no deadline for anything today....

Feels good to be able to relax...

Of course there's plenty of other things I can do...

Morning fellas. It's opening day here in cincinnati so I'm in a good mood. Our service tech called in sick today though so I'll be doing service calls all day :(

I'm lost...

I finished all of my GD&T home work yesterday.

Got both old lawn mowers tuned up and running, I'm gonna leave the new one in the box until I need it...

So I have no deadline for anything today....

Feels good to be able to relax...

Of course there's plenty of other things I can do...

Hey Karl, what is your GD&T homework?

No thank you! I am trying to put it on the road this week. Gaurity insurance? 136 a year for 10k coverage with the slant!
Hi toolman!

The Yukon is gone this week on a trade for a Moped for the kid 500 and 500 cash. I would have taken just the cash! And the firechicken might be gone also on a trade for a Dakota pickup and some cash also. The wife has to make that one I will not. Pretty good day yesterday.

Hey Karl, what is your GD&T homework?

GD&T is basically the new way of tolerancing drawings. It's been growing in popularity since the mid 90's. It's the latest update to of ASME Y14.5 (2009) drawing standards.

I'm taking AutoCAD classes at the local comm college to get up to date with the latest drawing standards to help get back to work. I've had AutoCAD 2D & 3D classes, and the new Inventor 3D right now. Inventor is a higher level version of AutoCAD that is easier to model in 3D and make drawings after the model is done... Each language has it's benefits and limits.. AutoCAD is a first level CAD, Inventor is a second level CAD.

If done properly with GD&T, the mating parts will always fit together when made to print specs. It also maximizes the amount of acceptable variation for a part to help keep costs as low as possible. In the old tolerancing standard some parts could still be acceptable/functional, but were not to print spec... By using circular tolerance zones instead of rectangular ones, you can accept 57% more parts that will still work where by the old standards, they would be out of spec and no good... It also helps reduce tolerance stack-ups which add more variation to the parts....

I like to think of it as tolerancing catching up to CAD design.

Many companies like to have a GD&T expert in each design group. If I can learn it good enough, it can bring more $$$ to my paycheck when I get back to work... I can also take the certification test from ASME to get certified and put on their national certification list. You have to re-apply for certification every 3 years to stay current.

-
Back