Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I bought a windshield for the Valiant it was here in 3 days.
I do not know what Mopar did to seal windshields on early, BUT no way will it not leak if gasket is installed dry, no sealant. I used black RTV in the gasket channel, the one that goes over the pinch weld. No leaks!! Woo Hoo!!! Lots of RTV! I taped the gasket in place with masking tape, blue, till the RTV set up, then installed the glass.....Then the lock strip......The back glass was the real *****!!!

Did you use your new driver?
No still breaking it in. I know though with drives like that WHY did I get a new one?? I thought and was told with modern technology there'd be a difference?? Not seeing a whole lot so far...wait and see.

No still breaking it in. I know though with drives like that WHY did I get a new one?? I thought and was told with modern technology there'd be a difference?? Not seeing a whole lot so far...wait and see.
In my experience, A new driver, if purchased to help a control issue, will just hit the ball further out into the weeds!!!

In my experience, A new driver, if purchased to help a control issue, will just hit the ball further out into the weeds!!!
Haha agree. It plays well just don't have the confidence in it yet as I do my 12-year-old driver.

I did a google search, however not coming up with much. Maybe I am overthinking it, but do my brake drums really need to be turned? They have minimal miles on them and have been sitting for 50 years. They are smooth and not pitted just some surface rust.

I did a google search, however not coming up with much. Maybe I am overthinking it, but do my brake drums really need to be turned? They have minimal miles on them and have been sitting for 50 years. They are smooth and not pitted just some surface rust.
Leave them as is. If you turn them, you need to re arc the shoes....PITA any more..

How about surface rust, fine sand paper to clean them up? I have all new shoes, etc. I got from Craig at mobile parts.

The only reason you may need to turn the drums, is if they are out of round, or out of true round. If you know somebody that has a drum lathe you can at least chuck them up and find out if they are out of round or not. But beware many guys don't know how to chuck them up properly.

All done and running smooth. Of course the bolts available at AZ were not the same as original. 6mm flange bolt, but 10mm head instead of 8 and no dog points.Assuming they did smaller head for socket clearance next to the tube. Point would have made them a lot easier to start. But it's in. :thumbsup: I was going to neversleaze them and forgot...:BangHead:

IMG_4099.jpeg

The only reason you may need to turn the drums, is if they are out of round, or out of true round. If you know somebody that has a drum lathe you can at least chuck them up and find out if they are out of round or not. But beware many guys don't know how to chuck them up properly.
I think for the small amount of miles on the car, I am going to call it good................... :thumbsup:

All done and running smooth. Of course the bolts available at AZ were not the same as original. 6mm flange bolt, but 10mm head instead of 8 and no dog points.Assuming they did that for socket clearance next to the tube. But it's in. :thumbsup: I was going to neversleaze them and forgot...

View attachment 1716095028
And I was wrong about gasket. It does seal the end of the tube. :thumbsup:

Got the oil pan off the poly and holy crap.. like 2" of sludge that barely moves in it... just nastiness...
Anyone near detroit want a free poly? :)

You guys talking brakes. Did test drive and its got a shimmy when stopping hard. Needs front rotors. I was kind planning it for fall, but should do sooner - Always something...

You guys talking brakes. Did test drive and its got a shimmy when stopping hard. Needs front rotors. I was kind planning it for fall, but should do sooner - Always something...
not thick enough to turn em?

welp.. i'm gonna get fucked up, play drums and watch some boxing.. hope you guys have a good night :)

-
Back