Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
But I do enjoy two shots of crown in a gass of ice most every evening :thumbsup: yep, stay off those sweets, I miss chocolate covered raisins, the good ones from the candy store here in town, been a few months now.
Yeah.. it's been bad for me lately.. for months been eating a frosted honey bun after breakfast at work.. then a couple of king size candy bars at night.. pretty much 4-5 times a week.. sugar is a *****.
And the shots of crown are fine... the carbs in beer are bad stuff..

Foreigner was the first concert I ever saw. :thumbsup: I had to look at there tour history to jog the brain. 1979 Head Games Tour at Hershey Arena. Are there any original members?

Good Morning
Yes I think three of them including the lead singer. My favorite band growing up really looking forward to it.

Ditch tiger! That's funny. How's you daughter doing?
Much improved, she gains more mobility and control of left arm with each passing day. She still cannot walk unassisted but the leg is also improving a bit. Everyday we gain a bit of ground. Present goal is to be able to scratch her own nose with her hand. This may seem silly but this is where we are at in what will be a very long rehab process. We are very thankful she is alive. Big shout out to all of you first responders and helo drivers. In this scenario life flight literally saved her life. You want BFE Arkansas, that is where she lives. Her husband is a music teacher and the State has a program that entices teachers to the far flung regions of the State in return for helping reduce student loan debt. He accepted the deal and they liked it so much they remained after his contract expired. He is still teaching there.

Take it easy old man. Don't hurt yourself! LOL Loverboy was a good concert for me. Never have seen Foreigner but they have a long list of great tunes. It should be a great concert for you two.
We saw Loverboy last summer and a guy sitting next to us was a manager and took us back to talk to Paul Dean their lead singer and guitarist. We talked to him for 10-15 minutes great guy.

Well good morning all y’all. I am running behind today. Just another day of moving crap out of storage building. It was 200 a month. We finally got to the point on the house I could start moving junk in. My goal is to get the storage emptied out till the only thing left in there is the mill and lathe. I will Jack it up get rollers under it and stage it by the door. Then recruit some help to get it on the trailer. Side note my Mal pup saw a ditch tiger in the pasture while we were sitting up on the deck last night. Yep bailed right off the deck after the kitty. A mere eleven feet to the ground, crazy dog. Hemi was going to follow suit but I got her shut down. She would not have survived. Scared the crap out of me.

Mal insanity..... Yep, it's real

Sounds like the pup stuck the landing.

Much improved, she gains more mobility and control of left arm with each passing day. She still cannot walk unassisted but the leg is also improving a bit. Everyday we gain a bit of ground. Present goal is to be able to scratch her own nose with her hand. This may seem silly but this is where we are at in what will be a very long rehab process. We are very thankful she is alive. Big shout out to all of you first responders and helo drivers. In this scenario life flight literally saved her life. You want BFE Arkansas, that is where she lives. Her husband is a music teacher and the State has a program that entices teachers to the far flung regions of the State in return for helping reduce student loan debt. He accepted the deal and they liked it so much they remained after his contract expired. He is still teaching there.
Thanks for the update and please keep us posted on her rehab progress.

Thanks for the update, John, stress is a *****, prayers for a full recovery.

Had the blues this morning... :thumbsup: Fresh from the garden.

IMG_4643.jpeg

1689692377062.jpeg
Another local legend off to the race track in the sky. RIP Dale.

Went to town for coffee at my fav little coffee drive thru this morning, I don't keep milk in the house and LATTE was screaming in my ears :lol: . Went to get gas while nearby. Usual station with usual prices but something didn't look right :realcrazy: It was one of the independent gas distributors not a major like Shell or Chevron.
1689692749304.png
is the new logo on the station :wtf: . I didn't test the Hemi Express on the way home to see if there was any performance improvement :lol:

Did you guys know that if an engine removes half the pistons for you, it is easier to disassemble? Very convenient. And now nice is it that the oil sump catches most of the parts!

Due to my diversity and inclusion training at work, I know and embrace this brave little V10 that self identifies as a V6.

Did you guys know that if an engine removes half the pistons for you, it is easier to disassemble? Very convenient. And now nice is it that the oil sump catches most of the parts!

Ahhhh....

So the oil sump could be referred to as a "small parts bin" ??

So wise you are :lol:

Gearhead Haiku

Motor, pistons, oil synchronized together

Spinning rapidly
Powerful
Broken

I do believe the owner of the nearby dirt oval may actually make an effort to fulfill his obligation to USAC/CRA for the upcoming sprint car racing. I went by the track the other day and the water was no longer in the infield and they had taken the rippers to the track surface. I think perhaps the use of their blade and it's rippers may have been it's demise after being parked so long, the blade was nowhere to be seen on the property :BangHead: We shall see :rolleyes:

Good news.
I know a little more than I wish I did about rehab. I've been through a lot of it. They say that "statistically" we'll stick with rehab until we are just comfortable at the point of recovery we've reached then stop exercising. After reading that, I realized I had added to that statistic twice in this lifetime. My most recent example was just over a year ago. I came out of a chemically induced coma as weak as puppy pee from head to toe. With rehab/exercise I reached the point where I no longer needed the walker to get to my mailbox and back.
I can lift a full 12 cup coffee pot and pour myself a cup. I still can't walk for long time and distance like strolling the local flea market (which I loved to do). Last weekend we drove to a huge fabric warehouse and I walked around in there for nearly 2 hours. They next morning I could hardly get from bed to sofa. Hurt all over. I still can't lift a full gallon of milk with one hand. So if I can offer some advice, stay on her *** about rehab and exercise. Remind her that she is getting older every minute, exercise or not. Her goal should be to come out of this delima stronger than before no matter how long it takes.
I don't really fault my wife and others for my bad decision and present condition but I really wish they had stayed on me to stay with it.

Hey it's Tugboat Tuesday. A local restaurant/bar that has been in business for 90 years (same family) serves their "Tugboat" pork tenderloin sandwiches for $2 each (if you eat in) Tugboat Tuesday! Steamboat Gardens

Tugboat Tuesday.jpg

-
Back