Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Swinger Sunday!

1691331130386.png
Good morning :D

Morning still having low sugar issues. Woke up on the kitchen floor with a lump on my forehead.
I'm make my home made ice coffee and usual Sunday breakfast if I can stay standing.

View attachment 1716123688

View attachment 1716123689
Be careful. Hopefully you can rest and on track.
You should ask Fred about the time they landed that plane on his street!
Sounds like you have a story to share now Fred
Larry Fine from the stooges was a member of my aunts congregation.
In Philly. I met him when I was a very young man.
He got me in . All I will say is I'm dancing with a group of others on a stair case. Enough said.
Now I need to watch that scene more closely
Nice avatar.
Thanks I had an artist do it up for me.

Boy you guys were chatty this morning. I just caught up. I’ve seen enough bananas this morning to satisfy my potassium intake :rofl:
It’s never dull in here.

Gonna be starting a new restoration thread but with the Cummins being down and needing about 10k to rebuild, we’re gonna fix my w200 finally. My son and I pulled the engine this morning.

IMG_1329.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

IMG_1334.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_1336.jpeg

IMG_1337.jpeg

So.. cleaned my timing cover, and waterpump... all happy, gonna get ity together and paint the motor.. can't find 2 of those long *** waterpump bolts :( Gonna order a engine bolt kit so i'm not hunting for bolts non stop..

On the upside.. 2 and a half hours of scraping and powerwashing and my trans is finally clean :) It was sooo nasty.. halfundercoated and 1/2 of old grease. not the worst day :)

I'm learning how to be a Harley Davidson Tech. Got so much stuff apart, I hope I can get it all back in the right place. Spark plugs out, Carburetor and manifold off. ( will go inside of carb next ). Engine side covers off, seat off, horn off ( interfering with gas petcock, will relocate ). Left gas tank off. etc,etc,etc........ :lol:

What happened to it? I thought they lasted forever!!!:poke:
Well it’s the first stock one I’ve had let go. Out of the 8-9 I’ve owned. Sounds like a rod bearing let go. Probably from oil starvation when that head gasket let go.

I checked out the new rims. They fit well. I worked on the breaks this afternoon and hopefully the problem is fixed. We pulled the check valve on the booster and cleaned that out. I took it for a drive and it didn’t seem to be hanging up. So fingers crossed that is all it was. If not then I’ll replace the whole booster.

IMG_3243.jpeg

IMG_3242.jpeg

IMG_3241.jpeg

IMG_3240.jpeg

Guess I can let the cat out of the bag, Dart is going after Labor Day to the chemical stripper. Will be there about 3-4 weeks. Then home to be final prepped, primed and painted in October.

In the meantime, we’ve hopped over to this

Project 78

So a few weeks ago I sold my VW to carvana for 19900. Well, just found it for sale 22k Seems like a got a fair deal....

-
Back