Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I went to a lift off and pinion on. 7 hood pins total. I love being able to take the hood off and get it out of the way. It is a pain if at a show and windy, then need to secure it. I made the A12 style posts that work well. Remember there is fiberglass and race weight. Race weight is very light and flexible to some degree.

I am going with the hemi super stock scoop, just a matter of how..................new or try to add new scoop to existing hood.
I would keep the original hood personally. Whats the price difference and also is the glass hood set up with the air dam? from the factory? That is a PIA to make right.

Morning folks. Coffee and an early rain shower here. Should be plenty of hot and humid this afternoon. Maybe an afternoon boat ride with a few beverages? Retirement rocks!!!!

Glastek is one piece fiberglass with scoop molded in.

My current hood is at the body shop he was cleaning it up and fixing stuff. I am going to call him today about cutting it and adding hemi scoop..............

How did the super stock hemi cars with cross rams run the scoop? Just curious.

While I was working on the demon all the time, I liked being able to take the hood off, work, test, adjust, drive, etc without messing with the hood at all. I love the lift off. Only thing better would be a complete removable front clip.

They were fiberglass from Hurst

0091647c8509b23119cece5bd7fb8616.jpg

So get 7 NOS ECU's in yesterday test them two failed hot of course. Kind of normal for them. Glad they were the low end ones not the chrome ones.

I think it is too much for you Scott. Too many decisions. I will be down Saturday with my car trailer and I will remove your car problems

I went to a lift off and pinion on. 7 hood pins total. I love being able to take the hood off and get it out of the way. It is a pain if at a show and windy, then need to secure it. I made the A12 style posts that work well. Remember there is fiberglass and race weight. Race weight is very light and flexible to some degree.
4 in the front, 3 in the back?

Fiberglass hoods........................ Is it possible to use existing hood springs? Says in facts to use low tension, is this a must? Can I get away with the originals, I don't want to mess with removing fenders.
Yes you must use the low tension springs with fiberglass. I ended up doing a whole nose clip out of fiberglass on my drag car.

They were fiberglass from Hurst

View attachment 1716125211
if it was me, and clearly it is not, (dang it) I would keep the present hood as is and not modify it at all. You can easily buy a lift off for what it will cost you having your guy modify your existing. That way you keep your nostalgia hood unmolested plus have a spare lift off. And to Eric’s point the lift offs are just way past handy. Except in high wind! Hah! I usually just set mine on the roof if there is no wind. If there is wind I slip it under the car.

-
Back