Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning!
First cup. House is cold this morning. Massage today, then Lawyer this afternoon. Probate, pain in the butt. Then one more appt next week and its done. I hope.

if it was me, and clearly it is not, (dang it) I would keep the present hood as is and not modify it at all. You can easily buy a lift off for what it will cost you having your guy modify your existing. That way you keep your nostalgia hood unmolested plus have a spare lift off. And to Eric’s point the lift offs are just way past handy. Except in high wind! Hah! I usually just set mine on the roof if there is no wind. If there is wind I slip it under the car.
The current hood is just getting all the holes fixed and painted flat black. He is local and the price is very good. If I were to buy the fiberglass, I would have to remove the current springs, then this would make the stock hood, not a viable option to reuse unless I put hinges back on or make the metal hood lift off.

I’ve been toying with the idea of replacing the hood to a fiberglass one with scoops sometime down the road. I am glad you guys are answering all my questions now :lol:

The current hood is just getting all the holes fixed and painted flat black. He is local and the price is very good. If I were to buy the fiberglass, I would have to remove the current springs, then this would make the stock hood, not a viable option to reuse unless I put hinges back on or make the metal hood lift off.
I made angle brackets to hold the hood hinges with springs down and leave them on. They bolt down with a fender bolt. Just something to consider. Mine are now off as there was a hinge issue also, but could look into it

That’s not a clip. That’s a magazine. Now… half right face, front leaning rest, go. Beat ya face private.

One

One

One

Bend them elbows private,

One

One
Haha I knew that just keeping with the conversation since I had nuthin to really contribute.

Last edited:
I made angle brackets to hold the hood hinges with springs down and leave them on. They bolt down with a fender bolt. Just something to consider. Mine are now off as there was a hinge issue also, but could look into it
I was thinking of that as well. Can you post a pic? The hinges weren't in the way of the fiberglass to sit flush.

Well on a side note, it was confirmed that a tornado touched down less than a half mile from my house. That explains all of the damage a few blocks away.

Another thing I am looking at is getting the new hemi scoop and modifying my current hood...................
My Son has 3 pins in the front.

Andrew's new duster.jpg

Well on a side note, it was confirmed that a tornado touched down less than a half mile from my house. That explains all of the damage a few blocks away.
Glad it missed you.
We currently have a nice thunderstorm moving through with some much needed rain.
Should go on for another couple hours...we'll take it!!

-
Back