Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well on a side note, it was confirmed that a tornado touched down less than a half mile from my house. That explains all of the damage a few blocks away.
I haven't heard of any tornados here. They are still assessing some areas that got a lot of damage. They did confirm 75-80mph winds. :eek:

Good Morning

1691590954130.gif

I haven't heard of any tornados here. They are still assessing some areas that got a lot of damage. They did confirm 75-80mph winds. :eek:

Good Morning
We had two confirmed , southern edge of our county

Mornin' C\_/ Must admit I skipped a couple pages of back reading this morning. I did see "testifest" and sweet older Dodge truck.
Price seems right in todays market too.
I made some beef and sausage meatballs this morning. Baked them in the oven. Made plenty enough to put in four small freezer bags. Tonight I found some ziti on the shelf and I boiled some of that up. Tossed in some powdered brown gravy mix and eight meatballs. Cooked some green beans as well. Not bad for homemade
View attachment 1716125110
We have a similar meatball recipe that came from an article in Good Housekeeping mag'. It was titled "Air Fryer Meals". It calls for 1/2 lb lean ground beef and 1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage. Makes about 20 balls The thing is, our local store has the sausage in 1 lb. package. We but that and use 1 lb of beef, double the italian parsley and all other ingredients. Directions state cook meatballs about halfway done then add cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, chili pepper, etc... and cook 6 more minutes. Since we've created 40+ balls, half of them go in a zip lock baggie and into the freezer after the first 6 minute cook. Original recipe uses spaghetti with marinara sauce but our own spin on the dish is similar to yours. We use ziti and add a can of mushrooms. Bake in the conventional oven for a little while and cover with Italian blend shredded cheese. Yeah the first meal takes some time (40+ balls to rolls) but the second meal using balls from the freezer is easy weeknight chow down.

Last edited:
All caught up. Yep. Mitches truck is was a real nice one. Got to ride in it. Shame what happened. We're taking 5th wheel to Alaska next year. A rv caravan tour. About 10k miles total. Will be fun

All caught up. Yep. Mitches truck is was a real nice one. Got to ride in it. Shame what happened. We're taking 5th wheel to Alaska next year. A rv caravan tour. About 10 miles total. Will be fun
Awesome Tim. Although, 10 miles wont let you see much!

Considering the cost of a new, full-size, 4wd truck....it's pretty reasonable :rolleyes:

"Whatever the market will bear"
We knew for sure a new truck w/payment plan wasn't for us. We put 9K in a 2010 model RAM. I'll end up with 3k more in it to get it where I want inside and out. Sadly, I'll need to put about 11 hun' in 4 new 20-inch tires before I can start on the aftermarket goodies available for it.
I always thought these 20-inch wheels were actual chrome wheels. Imagine my surprise to learn it just a chromed plastic hubcap over a cast alloy wheel. Who knew? At least I don't have to fight rust breaking through and flaking the chrome.

at first I was skeptical to say the least, but after eating well and dropping 8 pounds last week and being able to feed myself 3 meals a day plus snack for $17.00 and change total.
I'm all in on this new economics plan .plus my blood sugar numbers must really be good. The meter just says low.

20230809_110038.jpg

20230809_110030.jpg

Lots of ram trucks to choose from if a guy us in the market for one.
Im after the 50’s trucks now.
Started on Firebird, headlamp panel needs to be cleaned up and painted. So im bead blasting the aluminum headlamp surrounds, used a wood handled bench brush to tappy tap tap the bent one back straight. Worked good.
Satin black for those.

All caught up. Yep. Mitches truck is was a real nice one. Got to ride in it. Shame what happened. We're taking 5th wheel to Alaska next year. A rv caravan tour. About 10k miles total. Will be fun
Having lived thru the same experience it was just heartbreaking. That was such a great looking rig. I felt every bit of his pain! our Boy just got his own new Ram, is it wrong if a part of me wonders when he will let his boy drive it? I confess I think I like the pastel colors.

IMG_0300.jpeg

Considering the cost of a new, full-size, 4wd truck....it's pretty reasonable :rolleyes:

"Whatever the market will bear"
Granted but 13-15 grand for a 40 year old truck is impressive and stunning. I would be very tempted if someone offered me that for mine when completed. But it’ll be the last vehicle to leave. It’s literally in my blood

Did he ever get it back right?

Granted but 13-15 grand for a 40 year old truck is impressive and stunning. I would be very tempted if someone offered me that for mine when completed. But it’ll be the last vehicle to leave. It’s literally in my blood
That's why I still have mine. I have all the good used sheet metal now, from a doner truck. Just need time to install it all and paint it ...AGAIN... But it is still tagged, and I drive it when I need to..... :thumbsup:

I obviously missed it, what happened? Stolen or a crash?
This happened a few years ago before you were on this thread. When I was in Vietnam at my house with my wife in 2020, my oldest son, now 41 asked if he could use the truck to move some furniture. I told him sure. Okay no problem. Then I got a call a week later that there was a problem with the truck. Apparently he was drunk,(he has a drinking problem). Apparently he drove the truck into the woods and wrecked it down the right side. Hit it so hard that it tweaked both doors and both front fenders and the right side of the bed. My youngest son told me that he had the truck for a week, instead of the few days that I told him he could use it. He sent me pictures of the damage while I was still in Vietnam. I was heartbroken. When I got home I discovered that the only chassis damage to it was a right lower control arm. So I replaced that and took it to my alignment guy and he got it where it goes down the road straight. So I still use it when I want to. I did acquire a good bed, two doors and two fenders for it for 500 bucks lol. Just need to get to it at some point and get it done. Finished rant.:mob:

-
Back