Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I obviously missed it, what happened? Stolen or a crash?
This happened a few years ago before you were on this thread. When I was in Vietnam at my house with my wife in 2020, my oldest son, now 41 asked if he could use the truck to move some furniture. I told him sure. Okay no problem. Then I got a call a week later that there was a problem with the truck. Apparently he was drunk,(he has a drinking problem). Apparently he drove the truck into the woods and wrecked it down the right side. Hit it so hard that it tweaked both doors and both front fenders and the right side of the bed. My youngest son told me that he had the truck for a week, instead of the few days that I told him he could use it. He sent me pictures of the damage while I was still in Vietnam. I was heartbroken. When I got home I discovered that the only chassis damage to it was a right lower control arm. So I replaced that and took it to my alignment guy and he got it where it goes down the road straight. So I still use it when I want to. I did acquire a good bed, two doors and two fenders for it for 500 bucks lol. Just need to get to it at some point and get it done. Finished rant..... :mob: :mob:

This happened a few years ago before you were on this thread. When I was in Vietnam at my house with my wife in 2020, my oldest son, now 41 asked if he could use the truck to move some furniture. I told him sure. Okay no problem. Then I got a call a week later that there was a problem with the truck. Apparently he was drunk,(he has a drinking problem). Apparently he drove the truck into the woods and wrecked it down the right side. Hit it so hard that it tweaked both doors and both front fenders and the right side of the bed. My youngest son told me that he had the truck for a week, instead of the few days that I told him he could use it. He sent me pictures of the damage while I was still in Vietnam. I was heartbroken. When I got home I discovered that the only chassis damage to it was a right lower control arm. So I replaced that and took it to my alignment guy and he got it where it goes down the road straight. So I still use it when I want to. I did acquire a good bed, two doors and two fenders for it for 500 bucks lol. Just need to get to it at some point and get it done. Finished rant.:mob:
Wow, sorry to hear you had to go through that. Glad you still have the truck and were able to source parts :thumbsup:

This happened a few years ago before you were on this thread. When I was in Vietnam at my house with my wife in 2020, my oldest son, now 41 asked if he could use the truck to move some furniture. I told him sure. Okay no problem. Then I got a call a week later that there was a problem with the truck. Apparently he was drunk,(he has a drinking problem). Apparently he drove the truck into the woods and wrecked it down the right side. Hit it so hard that it tweaked both doors and both front fenders and the right side of the bed. My youngest son told me that he had the truck for a week, instead of the few days that I told him he could use it. He sent me pictures of the damage while I was still in Vietnam. I was heartbroken. When I got home I discovered that the only chassis damage to it was a right lower control arm. So I replaced that and took it to my alignment guy and he got it where it goes down the road straight. So I still use it when I want to. I did acquire a good bed, two doors and two fenders for it for 500 bucks lol. Just need to get to it at some point and get it done. Finished rant..... :mob: :mob:
I'm having flashbacks.

Wow, sorry to hear you had to go through that. Glad you still have the truck and were able to source parts :thumbsup:
What he didn’t tell you is his son is now on the run hiding from him to this day haha

I think we need to start up Pizza Friday again this week.
The best photo shopped one wins.

I told you all sometime back I'm working on a 89 Ford 1/2 ton that I told the gal I would assemble it for her and when her boy friend brought it over was missing all the nuts and bolts and is all rusted out and a piece of ****.
She brought over a donner truck to rob parts off and the donner truck is in way better shape and almost rust free. Told her best to restore the donner truck but it was her dads truck and she wants to keep most of the original parts as possible.
Her truck needs a complete body other than hood,frame and interior. So I am not restoring the truck just putting it back together with parts off the donner truck and she said I can use all the parts off the donner truck but not the cab. :BangHead:

IMG_20230809_141520160_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230809_141526273_HDR.jpg

I told you all sometime back I'm working on a 89 Ford 1/2 ton that I told the gal I would assemble it for her and when her boy friend brought it over was missing all the nuts and bolts and is all rusted out and a piece of ****.
She brought over a donner truck to rob parts off and the donner truck is in way better shape and almost rust free. Told her best to restore the donner truck but it was her dads truck and she wants to keep most of the original parts as possible.
Her truck needs a complete body other than hood,frame and interior. So I am not restoring the truck just putting it back together with parts off the donner truck and she said I can use all the parts off the donner truck but not the cab. :BangHead:

View attachment 1716125405

View attachment 1716125406
Wow really?

View attachment 1716125405

View attachment 1716125406
Very interesting...........:drama:

-
Back