Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When do we get the trip report? Welcome home!
Thanks. Was a great vacation, haven't had one 10 days long in many years. Paying for the lay down seats was worth it even though I didn't sleep much, great food for in the air. Stay in Edinburgh was nice, great hotel/location. Saw "Tatoo" at Edinburgh Castle, military bands from all over the world plus nice dinner/package. Did a haunted bus tour around city, nice big Museum, saw "Dolly" the first cloned sheep (there's some controversy for you), city bus tour etc. Our tour up in the Highlands was cancelled so we rented a car and trekked the 5 hours up there since we had lodging accomodations, did Loch Ness, Isle of Skye/Portree (Highland Games were happening but no tickets), saw Old Man of Storr. Wife got to pet Highland Cows which she wanted to do : ). Went to Inverness but really didn't like that city. Food was great, tried all local food and went to some great restaurants including Gordon Ramsey's "Beef Wellington Experience". Becky was having pain from her stint so we didn't walk into the Fairy Pools etc., will do that next time.

It's Satellite Saturday!

satlitewagonIII.jpg

Good morning :D

Time to run and get a few Beers now. Still cigarette free though. Lungs feel GREAT....:thumbsup:
And I'm still jealous while puffing. I want to quit again. I just can't get my head to that place. I plan to make some changes around here that will help ease my nerves.

And I'm still jealous while puffing. I want to quit again. I just can't get my head to that place. I plan to make some changes around here that will help ease my nerves.
It is not easy my friend. They say quitting inhaling cigarettes is similar to those trying to quit opioids. My dumbass quit smoking over 30 years ago. But then I do smoke cigars, but not inhale. Honestly no inhalation of cigars. Anyhow, a couple years ago during COVID I needed to get back to Vietnam and I always take cigars with me. But I got quarantined twice for 2 weeks, and was smoking the cigars that I had. Worried that I would run out, my dumbass bought a pack of cigarettes in South Korea. Been fighting on and off with cigarettes since then. One of the reasons is that cigarettes in Vietnam are only a dollar a pack. Imagine that? But now I have kicked it again and then inhalation free for over a month. You will really notice the difference in your lungs if you do quit. It doesn't matter how old you are. Good luck my friend.

So crew just left after setting counter tops. They had a lot of very special tools. I considered setting it myself but the risk reward ratio did not pencil out. I figured sure as heck I would screw up a pricey piece of stone. I really like them. Now I get to plumb and wire appliances. Take me six maybe seven beers tops! Hah!

View attachment 1716126327

View attachment 1716126328
One thing my sister and I have in common is preference in kitchen counter tops. Some are difficult to see "clean" especially the speckled Formicas and such. Ours are stark white and koolaid will stain it but... when its clean you know its clean.
What you have does look nice and shouldn't be too hard to keep clean.

It is not easy my friend. They say quitting inhaling cigarettes is similar to those trying to quit opioids. My dumbass quit smoking over 30 years ago. But then I do smoke cigars, but not inhale. Honestly no inhalation of cigars. Anyhow, a couple years ago during COVID I needed to get back to Vietnam and I always take cigars with me. But I got quarantined twice for 2 weeks, and was smoking the cigars that I had. Worried that I would run out, my dumbass bought a pack of cigarettes in South Korea. Been fighting on and off with cigarettes since then. One of the reasons is that cigarettes in Vietnam are only a dollar a pack. Imagine that? But now I have kicked it again and then inhalation free for over a month. You will really notice the difference in your lungs if you do quit. It doesn't matter how old you are. Good luck my friend.
You got this Mitch!

Well, I can't agree with some of that. I know ppl are different, but I've put down loritabs repeatedly. Back when I was loosing my lower teeth I would go get 1 or 2 pulled at a time and always get a "script" for 8 off loritab 10s and antibiotics. On a few occasions I never went to the drug store with either script. The teeth were so loose that I might have pulled them myself but lack of balls to try sent me to the man.
Right now I've got 1/2 of a 7.5 "tab" in me because a household project has my lower bad hurting bad. When the pain goes away the tabs again stop. I should finish that project today.
If anyone reading here has never used one of the powered fuzz ball shaver/remover, I can testify it works! Our king size comforter will look like new by end of today. 13 dollar tool from Amazon gets new life from a 300 dollar fabric.

-
Back