Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Wife picked up a couple of Red Barons from some store (Sav-A-Lot maybe) that we hadn't seen before. Hand tossed BBQ chicken with Sweet Baby Rays sauce, and another (I forget what). They look good on the box front, but then don't they all. I've found I prefer even the frozen pizzas cooked on the charcoal grille. More effort than slide into the oven for sure.

Wife picked up a couple of Red Barons from some store (Sav-A-Lot maybe) that we hadn't seen before. Hand tossed BBQ chicken with Sweet Baby Rays sauce, and another (I forget what). They look good on the box front, but then don't they all. I've found I prefer even the frozen pizzas cooked on the charcoal grille. More effort than slide into the oven for sure.
Frozen pizza on the grill is better then the house oven. Added benefit of not heating the house.
Takes about 10 minutes frozen to the table.

I might have to try that. My grill would be the perfect pizza cooker. The heat source has adjustable height from grill and it has a vented lid. Livin in this valley I know I'm only sposed to use

1691857164851.png
for BBQin, but the technology of grilling has progressed to offer the same effects with added features :lol:

I might have to try that. My grill would be the perfect pizza cooker. The heat source has adjustable height from grill and it has a vented lid. Livin in this valley I know I'm only sposed to use

View attachment 1716126670 for BBQin, but the technology of grilling has progressed to offer the same effects with added features :lol:
You guys literally have rules for BBQs? Is that a HOA thing?

Made it to shop, fixed the oil cooler that has been sitting here for months. Its for a Zamboni. They stuck a forklift fork through it and wrecked one cooling tube. Cut off tube and welded the holes shut.
Got a plan for the firebird, hang fenders and hood then line it all up. Should be no fun at all.
Need to have it ready to ship before i go.

Just a quick drive by, now that we have counter tops in place today is move out of the shop day! Been waiting two years for this day. Same token we have survived 13 grandkids but one of us may not survive today! You boys don’t hear from me by tomorrow look for a warm back hoe and fresh dirt somewhere up on the mountain! Or maybe check the salsa? (Craig)!

My old work partner and I went to an early West Coast Hot Rod Reunion, like #2 or #3. The ad in National Dragster said "Santa Maria Style BBQ for premium ticket holders included." We caved and got the high $ tickets. How could we pass up a good BBQ lunch :D . The outfit doing the BBQ had 2 pits similar to
1691860324459.png

and 2 reefer trailers loaded with supplies. Smelled really good from the bleachers as we watched the drags. Lunch time rolled around we go get in line for the BBQ. "Where did you guys learn to cook?" I asked one of the BBQers. "Fresno" he said. Jack and I just looked at each other and thought to ourselves "Oh boy. We're screwed." :lol:.

Last edited:
Just cruising along about 60 miles an hour. Less than 2000 on the tach. Last tank. I got 22 miles to the gallon plus hoping for a little bit more this time around. The traffic's pretty heavy today a lot of motorcycles coming Back home from Sturgis.

Mileage update. See post #509,377

Last edited:
Just cruising along about 60 miles an hour. Less than 2000 on the tach. Last tank. I got 22 miles to the gallon plus hoping for a little bit more this time around. The traffic's pretty heavy today a lot of motorcycles coming Back home from Sturgis.
No texting and driving.:rofl:

-
Back