Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Actually the bees are pretty much gone, I got to do some work today. A little more filler than I like, but my magnet stays on so good enough. Hopefully get at it tomorrow before it gets too hot out with a glaze coat.

IMG_4874.jpeg

Fenders loosey goosey bolted on, hood is on the hinges and it closes. So now align everything again. Three times. By the time i get this done, ima gonna hate firechickens…

Now's your chance John shut the cupboard doors on Jodi and tell her you'll let her out if she cooks a nice dinner.
Don't tell her I said that she'll kill me. LOL
O that’s honking brilliant right there! Oh crap, wait a minute, I do most of the cooking! Maybe I will release her for something else? Hehehe.
Deadman walking right here she ever reads this!

O that’s honking brilliant right there! Oh crap, wait a minute, I do most of the cooking! Maybe I will release her for something else? Hehehe.
Yep, that could get you in big trouble. "Hey Jody, while you're down there!" :poke: :lol:

:rofl: Looks like I'm in trouble. If she was on here I'd tell her the same thing when you were under the cupboard.

That's some wild lookin countertop. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The stone was ordered from Brazil, we waited months for it. When she selected it I was a bit frustrated as I just wanted to get it done. As always, in the end she was right and I was wrong. The stone is stunning And really sets off the whole kitchen. I have never seen anything like it. The guy setting it said he has been setting countertops for years and it was the first one like it he had ever seen. He really liked it. Jodi was beside herself watching them bring it in the house as the sink island piece weighed just over 800 pounds. The installer noticed her concern and explained to her, don’t worry ma’am me and the boys been watching you tube all the way over here so we know how to set it! I about died. She had to go in the shop and hide! It was classic

Wow that toddy went to the head on your shoulders pretty quick haha.
I need a toddy but need to push out of the chair and mow the yard. Predicting up to three inches of rain overnight through tomorrow.

Back from golf so hot and humid looked like I stepped out of the shower. I walked the round and Cheryl rode...smart girl.

Wow that toddy went to the head on your shoulders pretty quick haha.
I need a toddy but need to push out of the chair and mow the yard. Predicting up to three inches of rain overnight through tomorrow.
And you wonder whey they decided to never leave us alone again! Good thing they actually like us!

Back from golf so hot and humid looked like I stepped out of the shower. I walked the round and Cheryl rode...smart girl.
Do you have the new irons sorted out yet? I bet it takes a bit after using the others for so long. The boys tried and tried to get me to convert away from wood to the new carbon sticks. I just could not manage the flex.

The stone was ordered from Brazil, we waited months for it. When she selected it I was a bit frustrated as I just wanted to get it done. As always, in the end she was right and I was wrong. The stone is stunning And really sets off the whole kitchen. I have never seen anything like it. The guy setting it said he has been setting countertops for years and it was the first one like it he had ever seen. He really liked it. Jodi was beside herself watching them bring it in the house as the sink island piece weighed just over 800 pounds. The installer noticed her concern and explained to her, don’t worry ma’am me and the boys been watching you tube all the way over here so we know how to set it! I about died. She had to go in the shop and hide! It was classic
I'd be nervous AF moving it with that big cutout in the middle. But at least its a pretty wide section behind the sink. (I guess its a sink, where is the water?) How thick are they? And how is the one around the cooktop done with just that little web of a piece in front?
1691875272793.png

Couple yard sale tools from this morning. I have a tool box at work, but do most work in the pressroom out of my bag on my cart. Can’t seem to keep a big screwdriver on there long so always looking for those. Got this Irwin for a buck. The metric and standard wrench sets were a total of $5 and look pretty good for chinesium. The little roll ups are perfect for in a tool bag.

IMG_4870.jpeg

I finished back reading. It was a long ut great day. We are waiting for the train which doesn’t depart till 6:48. We ended up at Campos for cheeststeaks because the kids had enough walking for the day. We saw just about everything in the historic district.

IMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3329.jpeg

IMG_3353.jpeg

I'd be nervous AF moving it with that big cutout in the middle. But at least its a pretty wide section behind the sink. (I guess its a sink, where is the water?) How thick are they? And how is the one around the cooktop done with just that little web of a piece in front?
View attachment 1716126821
I took the pix before we drilled the hole for the water. They set the sink first then drill the hole for the water. The stove top section they cut out onsite. They pre cut a couple of triangle shaped cutouts then cut the rest on site. Stone dust every Where! They use some large pads maybe 20x20 that are plumbed for vacuum, then they put one each on both sides of the seams and vacuum the slabs up to each other on the horizontal plane to ensure they are perfectly aligned and flat then they have screw type jacks bored thru vacuum plates that then suck the plates together after they mix the bonding cement And color match the cement to the color of the stone. It was really a cool process and just so glad I did not try and DIY. The joint is by the corner at the 90, you can’t even tell the seam is there.

Couple yard sale tools from this morning. I have a tool box at work, but do most work in the pressroom out of my bag on my cart. Can’t seem to keep a big screwdriver on there long so always looking for those. Got this Irwin for a buck. The metric and standard wrench sets were a total of $5 and look pretty good for chinesium. The little roll ups are perfect for in a tool bag.

View attachment 1716126823
Screw drivers around here last a long time but the 10 mm sockets seem to disappear.

Bet one wore out mom after today.
I am. But it was so worth it. They loved it. My daughter is 21 and my youngest son is 12. I have another son who is 19 but he didn’t go with us today. I’m looking forward to being home and having a nice drink before turning in for the night.

I am. But it was so worth it. They loved it. My daughter is 21 and my youngest son is 12. I have another son who is 19 but he didn’t go with us today. I’m looking forward to being home and having a nice drink before turning in for the night.
Kids are always worth spending quality time with and looks like your a great mom and when you get old your kids will be there for you.

Kids are always worth spending quality time with and looks like your a great mom and when you get old your kids will be there for you.
Most of my kids abandoned me after the divorce 7 years ago. But that's okay. I have a new family in Vietnam. They take you into the house and take care of you until you die. No old folks homes there. KKKKKKKK :lol:

Most of my kids abandoned me after the divorce 7 years ago. But that's okay. I have a new family in Vietnam. They take you into the house and take care of you until you die. No old folks homes there. KKKKKKKK :lol:
Sorry to hear about your kids Mitch that has to hurt.

-
Back