Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning All! Backread says I punched out of the thread just in time, some real bad boobs in there. Oh yeah, I missed a birthday so Happy Belated Birthday Keith!

asked if i wanted to go to a soccer game . $250.00 standing room only. no thanks
When I was growing up, we didn't play soccer in the Midwest.
As it picked up in popularity later my kids played it. I can't really tell you anything about it other than when it was time to go home. :thumbsup:

Here's a couple pics from our trip, stopped at Loch Ness to look for Nessie lol! There was a cool place for lunch and a souvenir shop that was being ran by a guy who's dedicated a lot of time looking for the monster.

20230809_162203.jpg

20230809_162848.jpg

Well ya I could understand that. Probably not too many baseball or American football teams there either??
The Seahawks played in Germany last year, there are acutally a LOT of NFL fans there, those fans were great, wish I could have been there!

It was definitely a different time. There was a lot of turmoil in Europe at the time and I remember having the military police on the school buses for security.

It was definitely a different time. There was a lot of turmoil in Europe at the time and I remember having the military police on the school buses for security.
Security was SO different in Germany in the 80's. I remember police in the airport with Uzi's something we didn't see in the US.
You were questioned entering the airport and then again getting your boarding pass.
You then went through two separate baggage checks (check on and carry-on bags) getting on the plane.
As you got on the plane you had to identify your bag which were laying on the tarmac as you boarded.
Defiantly different in those days.

Last edited:
There was no such thing as police brutality. When I was stationed there myself as a military police officer, you did anything wrong the police would beat your ***. A lot of young soldiers figured that out quickly

-
Back