Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Do you have that in floor heater? My grandma had one like that instead of duct work through the house. MIL had a oil furnace but with ductwork.

I still have oil for heat plus the wood stove. Propane for hot water and cooking. Around $500 for the year.

I am so on the fence on filling the heating oil tank full now. Two reasons its been buried for who knows how long, but clean and no water in it. And it is 500 gallons.
Have it pressure checked, local farm fuel supplier will do ours for 50 bucks.

No I know what you mean. Dads house has that but the top floor it is a bit cooler. Just really no place to even put them the way the house is. the 1802 parts easy the rest is semi on a slab and no crawlspaces to install it.

And that is NOT burning wood. I wasn't up to keeping the fire going. Lazy I guess

My utility bills average $375/month. Just nat.gas and electric.

You guys are making me feel very fortunate. Now I live alone but I don't worry about turning lights out and all but my electric bill is usually around $55 a month. With 2 window air conditioners running all day it jumped to $113

We have geothermal here. A fireplace in the main room and wood stove in the basement. Propane for stove and emergency generator only, 500 gallon tank that is buried. We don’t do wood very often. I hate the clean up afterwards

My internet is on my land line which I am considering changing because it is slow but that is $90 a month. But it won't stream unless it buffers every minute or so

Everything else in this house is electric. hot water tank , looking to switch that to an on demand system. Central air

And I have roof antennae and get 26 channels but then I am on top of the world here
I have one also need to put up a omni directional one. And have a amazon fire stick works well as a combo. You get alot of free bees if you have a amazon membership which i do since I buy alot from them.

So a thousand on oil gets you thru a season, I have oil, baseboard hot water spend about $1'400.00 on average
Ah, makes sense. We have hot water heat too. Weil MacClain energy efficient nat.gas boiler.

Long story but we had to replace the whole geothermal system. Everything above ground, just done in May and it cost 30K
MIL is replacing here system out on the farm. It was a pump and dump system when they had livestock. Now it will be just for the house. (dumb contractors put that original system in.)

-
Back