Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You'll like this... Last year the wife decided to try growing cantaloupe. Our red brick making soil isn't fit for growing but we turn miracle grow soil and egg shells, tea bags, etc,, into it. It does OK.
She did have 1 cantaloupe that was doing great. I told her, "Looks ripe for the pickin' to me". She replied, "I'll leave it two more days. Pick and slice it Sunday morning". So the next morning we took off fishing early, never glanced at the garden spot. Cleaned a few fish and ate pizza from the freezer that evening. Sunday morning, mouthwatering about a big breakfast including the cantaloupe with grits and gravy and all.
She went out to find some critter had came out of the woods, dragged that melon to the edge where mowing ends and overgrowth starts, and ate it to nearly nothing left but a small piece of rine with ants all over it. My "wise guy" comment, "Told yah it was ready. Din't I toll yah?" LOL
I did get a few cantaloupes last year. But generally they have been a fail here. The few times before that when any grew, the grounhogs got them. Suckers will take a few bites, just enough to wreck it :BangHead: Other times I thought they look good only to find the bottom rotting or full of bugs. I thought I had a couple planted this year, but doesn't look like I am getting any fruit. Pumpkin vines over-ran everything...

This year was the first time planting one and was surprised anything grew. Cumbers grow real good here and can't even give them away.
Try this If you haven't, slice a fresh cuke and place them in a small bowl of vinegar in the fridge for a few ours. Store bought jarred pickles don't even compare. I save the vinegar from jars of banana peppers, pick some of the cherry tomatoes while they still have a little green on them, slice in half and drop into that jar. TASTY! I'll toss a few of my cyanne peppers in too for a little heat since she always buys the mild pepper rings for subs and such.
Spring onions go into a glass of water and into the fridge until suppertime. Chuck roast cooked in the electric frying pan with a little Worcestershire, then carrots and taters added later so they don't overcook, the spring onion on the side with homemade biscuits. Just dayum.
I think maybe I've gained a couple pounds just typing so much good grub. LOL

Try this If you haven't, slice a fresh cuke and place them in a small bowl of vinegar in the fridge for a few ours. Store bought jarred pickles don't even compare. I save the vinegar from jars of banana peppers, pick some of the cherry tomatoes while they still have a little green on them, slice in half and drop into that jar. TASTY! I'll toss a few of my cyanne peppers in too for a little heat since she always buys the mild pepper rings for subs and such.
Spring onions go into a glass of water and into the fridge until suppertime. Chuck roast cooked in the electric frying pan with a little Worcestershire, then carrots and taters added later so they don't overcook, the spring onion on the side with homemade biscuits. Just dayum.
I think maybe I've gained a couple pounds just typing so much good grub. LOL
Just finished breakfast and now your making me hungry for dinner. lol

I did get a few cantaloupes last year. But generally they have been a fail here. The few times before that when any grew, the grounhogs got them. Suckers will take a few bites, just enough to wreck it :BangHead: Other times I thought they look good only to find the bottom rotting or full of bugs. I thought I had a couple planted this year, but doesn't look like I am getting any fruit. Pumpkin vines over-ran everything...
When I was in Pittsburgh I noticed there was a lot of ground hogs causing problems in peoples yards.

image(109).jpeg

So I finally gathered up enough courage to head back to the scene of the crime from yesterday with @Ben Drinkin Sure enough i lied to you guys last night, if bottles left out on the bar are any indication we also tasted some small batch, some Buffalo Trace, and some others. Holy Smokes no wonder I could not look Jodi in the eye Yesterday afternoon! She finally told me “my eyes are up here” Hah! Of course she reminded me this morning that I may not have been as witty as I thought. Apparently I got into the ice cream last night before bed. She commented why did I purchase the cheap ice cream? I replied it was two for one, and you know ice cream is just like sex. I will pick quantity over quality every time. Note to self, do not compare sex and ice cream! Just a great visit!

So I finally gathered up enough courage to head back to the scene of the crime from yesterday with @Ben Drinkin Sure enough i lied to you guys last night, if bottles left out on the bar are any indication we also tasted some small batch, some Buffalo Trace, and some others. Holy Smokes no wonder I could not look Jodi in the eye Yesterday afternoon! She finally told me “my eyes are up here” Hah! Of course she reminded me this morning that I may not have been as witty as I thought. Apparently I got into the ice cream last night before bed. She commented why did I purchase the cheap ice cream? I replied it was two for one, and you know ice cream is just like sex. I will pick quantity over quality every time. Note to self, do not compare sex and ice cream! Just a great visit!
:rofl: :lol: She is such a great gal to put up with the abuse.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kinda think there's gonna be a new bottle in your liquor cabinet. :thumbsup:
If I can find one. They finish it in a limestone cave if I read right. The juice is a 6 + year. If it sets in a rickhouse much longer it picks up tannins from the barrel. (bitter taste and not good) If they finish it longer in a cool environment with out high temps, humidity, and temp changes, it mellows out and get's more toasted oak flavored. Like they do with Scotch and Irish whiskeys. TMI I know. I can't help it.

Holy Crap Tim. At some point you need to just stay home for a day or two and not drive!
Will be home for a few weeks......then to Blackfoot id, pick up same trailer, then to lodi ca, then vista. that trip from blackfoot to lodi is a *****....

-
Back