Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pretty good day.. cleaned my bench and got the trans tore down.. I have been stressing bout this trans since i got the car, sitting for 45 years i was afraid it would have rusty drums, or everything just stuck together... but it's so clean inside i honestly thought bout just re-sealing and new gaskets and putting it back together, thing looks like it was rebuilt and parked it's so nice... gonna call A&A monday to see if he will sell me upgrade parts/rebuild kit and go from there. Kinda wish i had found a 24 spline input shaft and a '65 yoke tailshaft. but this will do for now :)
P.S. forgot how simple 727s are... And it also passed the air test.. all the clutches worked fine:)
View attachment 1716130573

View attachment 1716130574
Looking good!

Rain last night, LOTS more on the way......Were high and dry here.. No way to get flooded. Top of a large hill....

I think, the older we get, the wiser we get. I did not order the parts for this until I tore down completely to see exactly everything that was wrong. Looks like it just needs the new camshaft which comes now, with a steel gear, and some new push rods, set of gaskets and seals. Pretty simple design on this engine actually.
PXL_20230820_172141562.jpg

PXL_20230820_172155985.jpg

"It's hotter than a 2 peckered billy goat out there today." Like my dad always said! RIP. An old Navy man. He had a bunch of funny sayings!

I think, the older we get, the wiser we get. I did not order the parts for this until I tore down completely to see exactly everything that was wrong. Looks like it just needs the new camshaft which comes now, with a steel gear, and some new push rods, set of gaskets and seals. Pretty simple design on this engine actually.
View attachment 1716130619

View attachment 1716130620
Kawasaki out of a John Deere?

Kawasaki out of a John Deere?
Yes, in case you missed it. My tenant came to me the other day and said, hey, the tractor quit running. Running. So after I checked it out, I found out that there is an inherent problem with the camshafts on these things when they get around 1,000 hours on them. Sure enough, that's the issue

Yes, in case you missed it. My tenant came to me the other day and said, hey, the tractor quit running. Running. So after I checked it out, I found out that there is an inherent problem with the camshafts on these things when they get around 1,000 hours on them. Sure enough, that's the issue
After further investigation, I found that the Tractor Dealers want around $1400 to repair this Issue. I can get the parts to repair it for bout $300...Definitely a No Brainer !!!!!

Pretty good day.. cleaned my bench and got the trans tore down.. I have been stressing bout this trans since i got the car, sitting for 45 years i was afraid it would have rusty drums, or everything just stuck together... but it's so clean inside i honestly thought bout just re-sealing and new gaskets and putting it back together, thing looks like it was rebuilt and parked it's so nice... gonna call A&A monday to see if he will sell me upgrade parts/rebuild kit and go from there. Kinda wish i had found a 24 spline input shaft and a '65 yoke tailshaft. but this will do for now :)
P.S. forgot how simple 727s are... And it also passed the air test.. all the clutches worked fine:)
View attachment 1716130573

View attachment 1716130574
Always good to find something positive

FYI...both the beer and the whisky were delicious. Ned to being a bottle home to share at MITP next year. Heading to a known fossil find area and the. Matsu glacier. Have a great day everyone

The Derelict count was down a little bit this morning at the donut shop. Probably due to Hilary's nearby presence. Overcast to some extent, to the west nothing but clear skies, to the east not so much as a hint of blue :realcrazy: . On the other hand, the hydraulic and air bag assisted bunch has a huge car show goin' on at the County Park half way to town. Way too many 14" wire wheels for me :lol:

I'll be watching mine. Great little engines though.

Setting up for movie night. I guess because I'm old I like the old movies.
Newer stuff I like a few. Just not interested in special effects and sound bites.
So tonight is . Some like it Hot. Hard to beat Tony Curits even if he was a rotten human being, still a great actor. Especially teamed up with Jack Lemon.

Has to be in the top 5 of the funniest movies ever made. Even if some of the humor is dated.

Trying to figure out what for dinner I thawed out some hamburger and thinking Meatloaf? Spaghetti? or?

Setting up for movie night. I guess because I'm old I like the old movies.
Newer stuff I like a few. Just not interested in special effects and sound bites.
So tonight is . Some like it Hot. Hard to beat Tony Curits even if he was a rotten human being, still a great actor. Especially teamed up with Jack Lemon.

Has to be in the top 5 of the funniest movies ever made. Even if some of the humor is dated.
Was thinking of a Sean Connery movie to watch tonight like the Red October sounds good. Like the old movies.

-
Back