Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I cut mine in half and put in olive oil. Get skillet very hot and put them in flat side down. Gives them some char and they are yummy.
I haven't seen any brussels sprouts in Viet Nam, which is a bummer........

So Jodi ran an across this bed on FB market place. Lady wanted it gone and wanted it gone post haste. We found out her husband had passed and she was redecorating the bedroom. She even threw in a huge area rug, she said she just wanted it gone. No idea when it was made but the whole thing is solid wood and built to last, real hardware and real access to bolt it together. The head frame is easily over six feet tall Thing is heavy enough I rigged it with straps and picked it up with tractor then drove truck out from under it. Solid wood and solid steel. I dropped it onto car Dollie’s and wheeled it in the house. Did I mention we got no carpet? It is a beautiful thing. It was literally my only ask when she was designing the house. That girl has picked up and dragged her junk all across this Country following me. I told her to build whatever she wanted, it was her turn. Last house we bought she never even saw till we moved in! This will be one of the guest rooms.

View attachment 1716131244
very nice. she did good.

Hey catching up on the chatty back read for today. Got busy doing not much of anything today 103 with a 122 feel like (doing nothing) temp.
We went by and picked the GD up after school and took her to the pool. Her Mom met us there after she got off work had a nice time.
Picked up some Mexican at our favorite Mom & Pop place on the way home. Fine dined with a nice toddy Knob Creek and cubes.
Golf in the AM and it's gonna be another hot one.

ok I just saw this and thought of all of your crayon eating jokes. It’s now in liquid form

IMG_3420.png

Hey catching up on the chatty back read for today. Got busy doing not much of anything today 103 with a 122 feel like (doing nothing) temp.
We went by and picked the GD up after school and took her to the pool. Her Mom met us there after she got off work had a nice time.
Picked up some Mexican at our favorite Mom & Pop place on the way home. Fine dined with a nice toddy Knob Creek and cubes.
Golf in the AM and it's gonna be another hot one.
Sounds like you had a great day and the pool was a much needed relief for you guys. My family is complaining of 85 degree weather. They would never survive out there.

Sounds like you had a great day and the pool was a much needed relief for you guys. My family is complaining of 85 degree weather. They would never survive out there.
Today it the pool was getting close to bath temps today. We go to Florida Saturday for a long week and the ocean will feel so nice!!

I've had them by surprise a couple times.
Cheryl will chop them up and put them in something and then after the meal and ask if I knew what I ate...:wtf:
Not bad I've matured as a fine diner...haha!!

The funny part was it was a instagram video with the army offering it to a marine :lol:
So story time.

I used to work for a company doing design work for the Marines and Army. Well our manager was a marine officer that got out after 14 years. She was actually pretty cool all in all but every November, she insisted on the entire company celebrating the Marine Corp birthday. Cake, food, booze the whole 9 yards. Anyway, in 2019, myself and my immediate manager, retired army Colonel went together to the local bakery and had a cake made to look like a box of crayons. Had it gift wrapped along with the largest box of crayons we could find. On the card, we wrote, don’t eat all at once, you’ll get a tummy ache. We went to the table with the official cake and such on it and set this stack of boxes down with a note addressing them to her.

Needless to say, it was quite hilarious and she took it in stride.

-
Back