Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Seems it is as warm out now as it's going to be today... Broke down and turned on the A/C yesterday afternoon for the first time in a month or so. I really need to install a ceiling fan in the kitchen. I love my gas stove, but it gets a bit much when it's above 80 degrees in the house.

New pressure switch for the compressor should arrive today. Having the pressure relief valve let go twice was enough. Once that's in place I'll finally finish the painting. Frame rails, steering shaft and hood torsion bars. I need to check the underside of the hood as well... could use s touch up.

Been doing a detailed degreasing of the 318, getting it ready for primer as well.

When's the Elephant due back? Or are you taking the car down there for install?
Plan is to go back there. Just ordered the pushrods the other day, 2 weeks for them to be made. I am waiting on the transmission to get done and no idea about that, kind of annoying actually. However, I understand but still aggravates me.

When I go back, I want to have everything so we can drop the k member again and put everything together and for the first time drive it.

Seems it is as warm out now as it's going to be today... Broke down and turned on the A/C yesterday afternoon for the first time in a month or so. I really need to install a ceiling fan in the kitchen. I love my gas stove, but it gets a bit much when it's above 80 degrees in the house.

New pressure switch for the compressor should arrive today. Having the pressure relief valve let go twice was enough. Once that's in place I'll finally finish the painting. Frame rails, steering shaft and hood torsion bars. I need to check the underside of the hood as well... could use s touch up.

Been doing a detailed degreasing of the 318, getting it ready for primer as well.
When we went through the remodel after we bought this house, we waited eight months for the wall oven and island stove top due to covid shortages. We went out and bought a $200 Nija air fryer the thing is great with all it can do. Need 400 degrees to cook something?? Turn it on and within a minute or two it's ready at 400. Get done turn it off and it runs cooling itself down. We still use it especially now so that we don't heat the house any more than it is.

Plan is to go back there. Just ordered the pushrods the other day, 2 weeks for them to be made. I am waiting on the transmission to get done and no idea about that, kind of annoying actually. However, I understand but still aggravates me.

When I go back, I want to have everything so we can drop the k member again and put everything together and for the first time drive it.

He's planning to break in on a stand or in the car?

You probably answer all this in the build thread. I should go catch up :rolleyes:

When we went through the remodel after we bought this house, we waited eight months for the wall oven and island stove top due to covid shortages. We went out and bought a $200 Nija air fryer the thing is great with all it can do. Need 400 degrees to cook something?? Turn it on and within a minute or two it's ready at 400. Get done turn it off and it runs cooling itself down. We still use it especially now so that we don't heat the house any more than it is.

That sounds nice. Yeah, the oven has a convection and quick bake function. I really like it... built in temp probe and plug with console readout will spoil you. It's the burners that get me. Decided I wanted a cold, macaroni salad... Poor choice.

He's planning too break in on a stand or in the car?

You probably answer all this in the build thread. I should go catch up :rolleyes:
It will be on the dyno. He has to run it for at least 20 minutes continuously for cam break in etc. He will use the old headers because we don't care about them. I also bought a single plane 4 bl hemi intake to use for break-in. Much easier than dealing with cross-ram and 2 carbs for proper break-in.

With this Hemi build, nothing has been easy. He has to do machining work so all these parts fit perfectly. It is not to buy a bunch of parts on the shelf and they fit together.

Which I thought, definitely not the case. I am glad I took it to him.

An example......................... he had to buy a special pushrod tool to measure due to the size of the Hemi pushrods.

Air fryers are the best!

Right our not having the AC on from June through mid-September doesn't happen here too many days.
Be nice to enjoy a summer with the windows open.
Last year we had 19 days in August above 90. This year 2.:realcrazy:

-
Back