Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. It's Friday for me. I have a plumbing job at home on top of hub change in the car all while still waiting for my truck. Grrrrr

Well off to a great start watching Ryder Cup coverage.
Need to get outside this morning and get some yard work done while it's cool. 90's here today through next Wednesday geez!!
Crew showing up to add some line to the irrigation system. It's not much and won't take them long.

Omg. This year? You realize how far it is from Pomona to Vegas? Thru the freaking desert...gonna be a mess
They just announced it. Frieburger said during drag week they had a lot of trouble finding venues out west too

Morning!
Mild to cool.possibility of rain.
Finish up the 35,then on a road trip to the shredder to empty my trailer.

Gonna be a nice weekend so I may go riding with my new friend.

1695897802890.png

so.. silly question but i have never had a fresh 8 3/4 carrier before... the one i just put in my car was setup like 20 years ago then put under a bench, still has the yellow mesh checking goop on the gears.. Question is, by hand how hard should a yoke be to turn on a fresh setup? like my 100k mile original one i can turn with my pinky, this fresh one takes quite a bit of pressure to turn. I know you can check them with a torque wrench but i don't have a beam style one laying around

so.. silly question but i have never had a fresh 8 3/4 carrier before... the one i just put in my car was setup like 20 years ago then put under a bench, still has the yellow mesh checking goop on the gears.. Question is, by hand how hard should a yoke be to turn on a fresh setup? like my 100k mile original one i can turn with my pinky, this fresh one takes quite a bit of pressure to turn. I know you can check them with a torque wrench but i don't have a beam style one laying around
Well if they’re like my brand new Dana 60 clutch style limited slip, it takes a LOT of pressure to turn

Well if they’re like my brand new Dana 60 clutch style limited slip, it takes a LOT of pressure to turn
Yeah.. i'm kinda shocked how much it took is all.. and i worry too much :) Sadly it's a cone style but don't care as long as it works :) Just want it to last through some beatings til i swap gears eventually

My new Dr Diff trac loc diff is very hard to turn by hand. Old factory one is easy. I bought a used one once and it was difficult to turn also as it was sitting around for a long time. Some oil on the side bearings and turn it upside down to get some oil up to the pinion bearings. Then let is set for a bit. Try turning it again.

My new Dr Diff trac loc diff is very hard to turn by hand. Old factory one is easy. I bought a used one once and it was difficult to turn also as it was sitting around for a long time. Some oil on the side bearings and turn it upside down to get some oil up to the pinion bearings. Then let is set for a bit. Try turning it again.
ahh thanks... yeah, after feeling the one that was in the car and how loose it was i was just a bit worried.. thanks much :)

Time to order a driveshaft! 57.75 inches... You A-body guys... don't be jealous of my massive driveshaft :)

-
Back