Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Think mine is 48.75 Man I have shaft envy! Make sure you use a driveshaft loop! If the front joint fails it will be a stunt from the blues brothers movie!

Time to order a driveshaft! 57.75 inches... You A-body guys... don't be jealous of my massive driveshaft :)
But aren't you actually requesting someone to make/give you the shaft???? Not jealous here

Think mine is 48.75 Man I have shaft envy! Make sure you use a driveshaft loop!
Actually... i just remembered they had me measure from the output shaft to the rear yoke... so i just lied about the size of my driveshaft.. it's gonna be bout 3" shorter than i said :(

I did also. Slept at an Air bnb that had an amazing mattress. I asked the homeowner what mattress it was. They sent me the amazon link. it was priced right also.
I switched to a foam mattress around 10 years ago.. still love it.. and soo much cheaper than old style ones..

So here’s a question for you. Assembled engine minus cam shaft and timing chain. Currently oiled up and wrapped in plastic trash bags, is there a better way to try to keep it safe from moisture over the winter?

Actually... i just remembered they had me measure from the output shaft to the rear yoke... so i just lied about the size of my driveshaft.. it's gonna be bout 3" shorter than i said :(
That’s okay. Mine is a tad over 96 inches…

I switched to a foam mattress around 10 years ago.. still love it.. and soo much cheaper than old style ones..

I didn't have any furniture when I moved in here... so yeah, about stroked out going into the mattress store... went hybrid foam/spring and a foam gel in the guest room. For both, I paid less than half of what the mattress store wanted for one. 2 years later, I still like them.

So here’s a question for you. Assembled engine minus cam shaft and timing chain. Currently oiled up and wrapped in plastic trash bags, is there a better way to try to keep it safe from moisture over the winter?
I would be compelled to grease it vs oil it, it will stay in place better

I bought some of that parts preservation spray and bagged all the 65 273 parts.... Not sure what the substantial difference is. Short of packing them in cosmoline

k.. driveshaft order form sent off... i think that was the last big piece to get.. now it's down to me :) Got a little done last night.. i need to get on the wiring soon.. probably re-wrap the whole harness, they look soo much better with fresh tape. Need to find a switched 12v for the choke anyway...

IMG_3796.jpeg

k.. driveshaft order form sent off... i think that was the last big piece to get.. now it's down to me :) Got a little done last night.. i need to get on the wiring soon.. probably re-wrap the whole harness, they look soo much better with fresh tape. Need to find a switched 12v for the choke anyway...
You're doing that actual harness wrap and not electrical tape right?

I was on the phone for a few hours last night with an old Army buddy... we're close in age and he's made a career change getting into cybersecurity. We have an ongoing discussion around AI use. He loves it... I don't, and keep declining when Windows asks if I want to activate AI-assisted browsing and search. I have a strong distrust... Maybe I've watched Terminator and Matrix movies too many times.

I would be compelled to grease it vs oil it, it will stay in place better
I was considering STP EOS, I’ve used it before but that was to preserve a block not a freshly machine block. I think I’ll do that again. I just don’t want to risk the 440 at this stage

I was on the phone for a few hours last night with an old Army buddy... we're close in age and he's made a career change getting into cybersecurity. We have an ongoing discussion around AI use. He loves it... I don't, and keep declining when Windows asks if I want to activate AI-assisted browsing and search. I have a strong distrust... Maybe I've watched Terminator and Matrix movies too many times.
I’m of the same mind set as you bud.

I was considering STP EOS, I’ve used it before but that was to preserve a block not a freshly machine block. I think I’ll do that again. I just don’t want to risk the 440 at this stage

To Eric's point... you want something that clings to the metal and keeps the moisture away. Even in the bag, temperature fluctuations can create condensation (think solar still)

I hosed everything down with this

12 oz. SURFACE SHIELD Rust Protectant

* i am going to double check my stock harness when i get home now...

-
Back