Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Gotta praise dougs headers... they fit perfect and clear the power steering by a mile (well.. about 1.25") i did ding a tube for a little more clearance on a torsion bar but that's bout it..

Measured for my driveshaft.. accoding to CCIs direction i have a 3r yoke... never heard of that..

This was yesterday morning.
View attachment 1716147113

Got a ride - several actually and was able to work on it this afternoon. Took a lot of patience and back and forth to get this bugger free without twisting the line. Aren't they always
View attachment 1716147126
If I was home I would have been tempted to trachs it and make a new one, although probably never a good option A.
View attachment 1716147127

Parts store had no hose or bleeder kits. Had to bleed it onto some cardboard.
Good save and a royal pain I think.

Good save and a royal pain I think.
Yup!!
Can't rush these jobs. Thankfully the weather turned nice and made it a little easier.
I had flare wrenches, adjustable cresent, but had to resort to the small vise grips - carefully!

Just getting the line off in one piece is a great advantage.
So easy to twist the line! As often happens, even when the threads broke free, the line was still stuck to the nut.

Hottest I’ve ever been has been 113 ambient with a humidity of 90 percent. In south Alabama
That would be a feel like temp of over 180 degrees according to the weather channel feels like calculator.
Maybe the wet bulb was 90?? 113 is hot anywhere.

That would be a feel like temp of over 180 degrees according to the weather channel feels like calculator.
Maybe the wet bulb was 90?? 113 is hot anywhere.
I’ll have to look in my notes. It was when I was in OCS at Ft Mecellum Alabama. I had to brief on it which is why I remember the ambient. I know it was hot and humid as hell. We had a cadet go into cardiac arrest that day from over drinking water. Crazy times

So today has been a mind boggling day. Step one in the fight for justice for my son. 8 weeks though until next round. Really starting to overwhelm me finally

Why would a hose fail like that?
The outside looks good.

This was yesterday morning.
View attachment 1716147113

Got a ride - several actually and was able to work on it this afternoon. Took a lot of patience and back and forth to get this bugger free without twisting the line. Aren't they always
View attachment 1716147126
If I was home I would have been tempted to trachs it and make a new one, although probably never a good option A.
View attachment 1716147127

Parts store had no hose or bleeder kits. Had to bleed it onto some cardboard.

I’ll have to look in my notes. It was when I was in OCS at Ft Mecellum Alabama. I had to brief on it which is why I remember the ambient. I know it was hot and humid as hell. We had a cadet go into cardiac arrest that day from over drinking water. Crazy times
Many a heat casualty in the field especially when the soldiers aren't use to heat and humidity.

Last edited:
Think I may be on track to the issue. Pulley 69-back versus 70-Up

Need to double check that the damper is fully seated. I used the installing tool until it started turning the motor (??)

Screenshot_20230927_200524_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_200450_Chrome.jpg

20230927_005638.jpg

20230927_185617.jpg

-
Back