Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I could see that. I used scotchbrite for many years, replacing the failed intake gaskets on the 5.7 Vortecs. But, i would always cover the intake valley and plug the ports. Also vacuum or blow everything out before assembly.
Careless parts changers may be the issue with not protecting the engine internals from abrasives.
Dealership techs trying to make money doing warranty repairs. Sometimes doing it right and doing it fast isn't the same repair.

Got corvette oil change done, sway bar link replaced and safety inspection signed off. 35 ford showed up. Pics to follow. Its pretty!
Anyhoo, it stalls when travelling at idle, like in a parade setting. Has a fuel pressure regulator, but no gauge. So i need to T in a gauge. Have to go see what i need for fittings.
Then idle it up, wheels blocked and see if it quits while watching fuel and spark.

Hope all is going well, sounds like it is. Yep, Buddy my boxer figured it out quickly, and seemed to alway stay on my right side when walking, when I sat down we got a kick out of how more protective he was when Treva walked over to me, he would stand from sitting and nose up to her real quick, it was so funny, Treva would say don't worry! Ain't going to hurt me and got a bit jealous, Buddy was only 3 at the time.
Well, I got my lungs looked at again , do it every year for 6 years now.. hope I get another good report later today.. just got off the mower and started laundry, you stand strong cousin

That reminds me of this story from this weekend:

'Remarkable story': Missing 2-year-old found sleeping on family dog in Upper Peninsula woods​

MENOMINEE COUNTY (WWJ/AP) - A missing 2-year-old girl who wandered away from her Upper Peninsula home with two family dogs this week was safely found hours later as she slept on the smaller dog like "a furry pillow," authorities said.

“She laid down and used one of the dogs as a pillow, and the other dog laid right next to her and kept her safe,” Lt. Mark Giannunzio said Thursday. “It’s a really remarkable story.”

Michigan State Police at the Iron Mountain post said they were dispatched to a home in the Faithorn area of Menominee County about 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20, after the girl was reported missing.

Faithorn is a rural, unincorporated community in Menominee County, between Iron Mountain and Escanaba. It is located one mile east of the Wisconsin state line and about 60 miles southwest of Marquette.

Brooke, the toddler's mother, told WJMN Local that Thea, 2, managed to slip off unnoticed with the two family dogs -- one of which is a Rottweiler -- when she had her back turned.

After realizing her daughter and the dogs were gone, Brooke said she frantically searched and called her name as friends and neighbors jumped to search the heavily wooded area around their home.

"We were searching all around the yard, up and down the road, screaming at the top of our lungs calling her name. We were calling for the dogs because they were missing too," she said.

"Everywhere around here is completely wooded, deep thick woods around here and there's a swamp over there so of course we're freaking out," Brooke added.

After 15 minutes, the police were called. A massive search effort went on for hours, involving drones, K-9 units, and help from citizens from Michigan and Wisconsin.

Troopers described the search area as very remote and wooded.

Around midnight Thursday, MSP said a citizen riding an ATV came across the missing girl and the two family dogs about 3 miles from her home. The girl was reportedly found sleeping on the smaller dog while the Rottweiler, watched over them

Giannunzio said the girl was evaluated by medical personnel and appeared in good health.

As reported by WJMN Local, Brooke said she is 'still in such shock' following the incident and wrote on Facebook: 'It was the nightmare I never wanted to live through. I'm so glad my baby girl is safely home with us tonight. Her doggies kept her safe. I'm still in shock...I was in shock that she was literally gone in like a split second."

'Remarkable story': Missing 2-year-old found sleeping on family dog in Upper Peninsula woods

Rainbow from yesterday behind the tree with the changing leaves...

20230926_175110.jpg

While working on Monday, I saw a Dog-n-Suds up around the Round Lake/Fox Lake area... (very north near the Wisconsin border)...

It's a true drive-in where you pull up to the parking space and then order your food to be brought out to your car by a speaker on the menu at each parking spot...

I thought these all went out of business as the one by me closed back when I was about 6 years old... It was my favorite drive in... I loved their root beer and hot dogs - hence the name "Dog-n-Suds"...

They had their own brand of root beer that you could get there and I've seen it in some obscure stores over the past years...

When I sent my son some pics, he says he wants to go there... I'm in... I would love to go to one again...

20230925_115742(0).jpg

20230925_115851.jpg

20230925_115757.jpg

20230925_115828.jpg

20230925_120033(0).jpg

Good to see ya Karl....How's it hangin ??? Y'all wait......wait.....wait........ KKKKKKKKKKKK

That would be worth the trailer haul. So much nicer weather.... unless it snows in Vegas again
That would be worth the trailer haul. So much nicer weather.... unless it snows in Vegas again
I can only think of like 4 routes from Irwindale to Vegas and back to Pomona and two of those aren't much more than paved goat trails :lol: That only leaves I 15 and State Route 14 into the Antelope Valley. They both have passes that can get kinda dicey in winter :lol: Not to mention Halloran Summit near the state line it's 4000'.

Was a nice day. Got stuff done.

IMG_5930.jpg

this was in for stalling issue. Was this
IMG_5925.jpeg

got new one in and was running it up and the sucker overheated. Fuse holder was bad. Will fix in am.

We got a freaky winter storm once in my teens in Barstow, that's about midway between LA and Vegas in the Mighty Mojave Desert. Elevation 1600' and you could not get in or out of town without chaining up. I sold every set of chains that we had in stock at Schrader's Chevron :rofl: It was a challenge just to get home that night from work. The hot rod Ranchero had more traction issues than normal that night :lol:

-
Back