Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Brand new Delco starter is $71 on rockauto... cheap enough :) Need to get new ground and positive cables also.. kinda shocked at what they cost..
Get a dakota starter, smaller and turn over faster.

Yup, that's what i ordered.. used one on my 400 in my challenger years ago.. such a difference compared to the old starters :)
My brother left a dakota v6 behind my house for awhile.. i stole the starter and alt and both worked on my '71... i had no idea til i tried.. was a nice surprise :)

BTW guys.. is there any advantage to going with a dual field alt? I am gonna try to save my orignal if i can (save money..) and original wiring..

BTW guys.. is there any advantage to going with a dual field alt? I am gonna try to save my orignal if i can (save money..) and original wiring..
They have more output at idle than the old roundbacks.

I’ll defer on that. I don’t know the difference honestly

My brother left a dakota v6 behind my house for awhile.. i stole the starter and alt and both worked on my '71... i had no idea til i tried.. was a nice surprise :)
A lot of people are amazed that the gen 3 hemi will bolt right up to a pushbutton 727. Same with the Viper v10. Might need a crank spacer for the flex plate but the bolt pattern on the bell is the same and it will clear

Heater hoses just showed up (gates) not sure how i will get them to the heater core though.. on a '62 with LA the heater core connections point straight at the back of the drivers valve cover :( might look for a 45* adapter or something...

Will be a miracle if my heatercore doesn't leak after sitting for 45 years

Does that cause any concerns in wiring gauge?
I don't know the range of the original gauges. They may only be 60 a. Probably best to put a voltmeter in and not run all that power through a gauge. You never know when you may have a near dead battery, start the old girl up, and your new Nippon Denso sends 120 a through your bulkhead. Good way to burn your car to the ground.

We stayed at a nice campground not far from the show.

Here's another one that may help. 2-Barrel to 4-Barrel Conversion

Bonus... looks like the Holley off my slant 6 has the MOPAR adapter to extend the lug :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Small victories

20230927_093329.jpg

Pertronix coil ordered.... getting close... i really need to measure for a driveshaft.. if i start a car with a 727 without a yoke in it, will it spew fluid everywhere?

I don't know the range of the original gauges. They may only be 60 a. Probably best to put a voltmeter in and not run all that power through a gauge. You never know when you may have a near dead battery, start the old girl up, and your new Nippon Denso sends 120 a through your bulkhead. Good way to burn your car to the ground.
Yeah I plan to do the bypass when I get to that point on the dart. Polara done burned already lol

Here's a link to a thread on how to set up a Holley 4 bbl carb to mount on a Mopar that goes well with this thread:

How to set up a Holley 4 bbl for a Mopar

Today I get to leave the house! I am very excited! Heck I even dressed myself. My Mal pup finally has my shoulder figured out. She puts no weight on it when she piles into my lap to protect me from all the evil doers! Hah! She is so smart, thus once again I am at the bottom of the pecking order around here for brains.

View attachment 1716146925
Hope all is going well, sounds like it is. Yep, Buddy my boxer figured it out quickly, and seemed to alway stay on my right side when walking, when I sat down we got a kick out of how more protective he was when Treva walked over to me, he would stand from sitting and nose up to her real quick, it was so funny, Treva would say don't worry! Ain't going to hurt me and got a bit jealous, Buddy was only 3 at the time.
Well, I got my lungs looked at again , do it every year for 6 years now.. hope I get another good report later today.. just got off the mower and started laundry, you stand strong cousin

First I heard of this

Formula 1 in Vegas in November. Hope that link works. Just had an interesting thought related to my desert dwelling history :lol: . 9 times outa 10 we had our first frost in the desert on Halloween. Look at the race schedule. Vegas weather very similar to the old homeland. Could make being a spectator a chilly proposition :rofl:

You say Scotchbrite and I immediately think of the pads on the wheels for the diegrinder. (Same material as the pads although not as aggressive) Back about 10 or so years ago GM did a study as to why they were having so many lower end issues. (Bearings and such) most of the lower end failures had a intake revealed and Scotchbrite pads were used for gasket surface cleaning. Immediately, Bristle Disc's were designed and recommended.
I could see that. I used scotchbrite for many years, replacing the failed intake gaskets on the 5.7 Vortecs. But, i would always cover the intake valley and plug the ports. Also vacuum or blow everything out before assembly.
Careless parts changers may be the issue with not protecting the engine internals from abrasives.

-
Back