Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
$110 Fine for using the range without a permit.
Still will get crowded as opening day approaches.
View attachment 1716152185

I'm going to try to get up there tommorrow or Thursday since I'm home this week.

Need to swap carbs on the Barracuda today.
View attachment 1716152186
Don't have spare bowl, although could 'borrow' one from another 4150
The dreaded Govt concrete shooting bench! Arghh!

Thought that was the mounting holes. Aftermarket ballancer?

Silly me... figured this was the right one??

20231010_090221_001.jpg

Someone yesterday was asking for the live link for watching this Israel thing, the armed forces network isn’t live right now but Reuters is

$110 Fine for using the range without a permit.
Still will get crowded as opening day approaches.
View attachment 1716152185

I'm going to try to get up there tommorrow or Thursday since I'm home this week.

Need to swap carbs on the Barracuda today.
View attachment 1716152186
Don't have spare bowl, although could 'borrow' one from another 4150
I should have a spare bowl in my giant box of disassembled Holleys, I know I have one from a 4160

My buddy was talking about deer hunting, but I don't see it happening.
Got another log on yesterday. That's it for a bit. Next week its training s ome recent grads and showing my 'monitor' the procedures and techniques we've worked out.
View attachment 1716152179

View attachment 1716152180

View attachment 1716152182
Oh man !! Good job, this brought back memories as a small fellow about 7 to 10 years young, building a large smoke house to hand meat in and outside smoker feed in threw the bottom, I helped dig the trench from smoker to smoke house up in Traverse City Michigan, out in the cherry farmers land, thanks for posting :thumbsup: forgot all about those years.

So total noob question as I know Jack about log house building. I do not see a provision for door way? Do you pre back cut them and I just can’t see it? Or do you wait till tie in on top to create the door?
The latter. Get to the height for the doorway and chock and cut the log below. Need all the logs suported at the doorway cut before sawing down. Otherwise it will bind (and of course the logs will be without connection to anything at the cut). With a chainsaw we can cheat a little and do a plunge cut, but I don't see any advantage to that. We might have to if I can't get a decision on where to place the door by the time we get to 6'.

My preference would have been to cut the threshold when we put the sill in. Just a little easier to chop it out. That's what I did when I replaced the sill on the hut to the right (20 years ago).

Last edited:
IIRC Balancer's pulley hole spacing had one offset until som year - early 70s?

There you go. Ray's got it.
LA engines were similar.

Also got to watch the ballancer diameters and thickness - epecially aftermarket.
The SFI $$$ ballancer on my 340 is the correct thickness (so pulleys line up) but small diameter. Need to use a Chevy timing tape.

Mine was a ***** since it started as reverse rotation. Went fluiddampner and it was to thin and symmetrical holes also.

enlarge the hole on the pully. its just one right?
I remember reading about that. THere's plenty of hardware to hold the pulley on. You could probably use ever other one with out issue. I think of that when I lift a full dress engine with a lift plate off the carb studs. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

The dreaded Govt concrete shooting bench! Arghh!
They do have padding on them.
1696944683144.png

But for me even the wood ones are a PIA because they are in the way.
OK when there is no one else on the range.
1696944451455.png

But otherwise makes it difficult to actually practice, and hard for the others at the range to see anyone shooting prone.
However I've been shooting prone when the Game Warden's been checking permits etc and no problems from his perspective so that's good.
1696944780686.png

I remember reading about that. THere's plenty of hardware to hold the pulley on. You could probably use ever other one with out issue. I think of that when I lift a full dress engine with a lift plate off the carb studs. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Yeah... then I've got my brother busting my chops "If this was a Chevy you'd be done already."

There's a good Halloween - scarecrow on Scotch Rd in Hopewell Twp NJ.
It involves a two pumpkins and jeans pulled down..
I'll take a photo next week if I go past during daylight hours

There's a good Halloween - scarecrow on Scotch Rd in Hopewell Twp NJ.
It involves a two pumpkins and jeans pulled down..
I'll take a photo next week if I go past during daylight hours

The old pilot house dodge up the road is decorated again. I'll have to post a picture

Just putting this out there I am sure it will get out. Please I don't need any sympathy posts please this is hard enough. Harley Passed Sunday night some time after Midnight. Appears she choked sort of on a toy appears it blocked her intestines and the vet had a appt on Monday. RIP my best friend. She is on the right really do not have a good pic of her.

View attachment 1716152148
that's a hard one to deal with.

-
Back