Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sad but it was inevitable. We have finished our final harvest.

Evening all. Have a question . Had to replace idler arm on duster. Went and got a replacement. Moog K 7086 . My question is there is no rubber on the end that goes in the center link. The NOS one had it . Just wondering about water getting in. Sure is a lot different than the NOS one.

View attachment 1716153474
Here's mine (64) .. recently rebuilt... has that rubber pad

20231013_193055.jpg

The P-S-T guys might be able to provide some insights as well.
I bought the idler arm off a guy that bought a whole bunch from a company that went out of bussiness , it was never used but box was open . Only had 1 big pad and 1 small . Mitch got me on the right track . Appreciate your help!

OK.. so along those lines

Songs that must be played at max volume while wearing headphones...

1. Foreplay/Long Time - Boston
2. Moving in Stereo - Cars
3. Pretender - Foo Fighters
4. Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith

Well cleaned the Scamp up today for the last car show this year and she's starting to show some road rash from this summer of fun.
I need to get her bottom cleaned up this winter and no hoist so I'll be lying on cardboard scrubbing the nooks and crannies on her bottom side.
She's been good to me so the least I can do is get the bugs, dirt and grease off her under belly.

LOL.
The only headphones I have are to keep sounds out.
Oh nevermind, those are called ear muffs...

So some somewhat positive news, I signed and faxed my letter of intent with the VA. After years of delaying and not filing, I’ve finally started the VA claim process. Now the battle begins

Well cleaned the Scamp up today for the last car show this year and she's starting to show some road rash from this summer of fun.
I need to get her bottom cleaned up this winter and no hoist so I'll be lying on cardboard scrubbing the nooks and crannies on her bottom side.
She's been good to me so the least I can do is get the bugs, dirt and grease off her under belly.
Been there, done that Fred. I bought 6k jack stands and then added 2x12's under those to get good clearance.

You are doing the car justice, that's for sure.

Just pulled my Barracuda out and noticed a couple paint bubbles on the rt rear fender. Grrr. Considering it hasn't left the garage all year, a bit irritating.

I fI can get the frankencarb back on it this weekend I may be using it for a couple weeks. Always good and bad but hats what its for - to use.

I am currently listening to my youngest play Rumble by Link Wray on his electric guitar. I’ll pay him for a concert. :lol: He’s much cheaper

so out of curiosity what do you clean it with? My husband and father in law have never cleaned the undersides so I really have no idea.

-
Back