Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning all lots going on in here yesterday. It was cooler and windy yesterday.
We got a workout in at the gym and then worked inside until our football teams played at 2pm and 6pm.
KU led most of the game and lost it in the last couple minutes Kansas State kicked butt!!

Another windy day today (30mph) so keep plugging away getting ready for winter.

I went to three parts stores yesterday, trying to get studs for the exhaust manifolds on the 318. None of them had anything... and they seemed confused. I'm soaking the old ones in the 273 heads to try and get them out. Only got one free yesterday.
I find the part stores around here employ people anymore that don’t know anything about vehicles ever since they went to the car look on the computers. They just find people that can plug the car information into computers. Napa seems to be my go to around here for actual old school service.

I find the part stores around here employ people anymore that don’t know anything about vehicles ever since they went to the car look on the computers. They just find people that can plug the car information into computers. Napa seems to be my go to around here for actual old school service.
The story all over the place now.

True around here too, used to be able to take flywheels and rotors to ours for turning, no more.

Well I endured a long week. I could not discuss it at the time but we worked With a huge church in Little Rock all last week preparing their safety team for an impending visit from a X president. Obviously he brings his own detail and they are very thorough and super professional. All we really had to do was stay out of the way for the most part. But it was still pretty cool. In those type of situations you have to put your own bias or distaste for the VIP aside and just focus on the job. Glad to be home again. I am whipped.

Yeah. I hit Napa and the Advance/Carquest distribution warehouse has a store at the front. They can see the warehouse inventory and the guys that work there are much more experienced and older than the kids at the other places. Still struck out though. Seems odd... you figure 318 parts would be easy.

I'm sure it's part of the MOPAR conspiracy

Napa is better than moist around here it is second generation owners will be going on the third. Pretty helpfull when they can.

WV isn't very big on the whole recycling thing... You're shocked to hear that, I'm sure
We aren't either I mean some states and cities have mandatory recycling. I'm not surprised we have this location but am that it's free to the user. My guess is they believed we'd just toss the stuff somewhere else. I my old motor oil mix it with diesel and use it to burn brush piles.

Well I endured a long week. I could not discuss it at the time but we worked With a huge church in Little Rock all last week preparing their safety team for an impending visit from a X president. Obviously he brings his own detail and they are very thorough and super professional. All we really had to do was stay out of the way for the most part. But it was still pretty cool. In those type of situations you have to put your own bias or distaste for the VIP aside and just focus on the job. Glad to be home again. I am whipped.
Sounds like a really cool experience to be a part of. And you are right opinions aside you need to do your job. Recharge today and just enjoy the quiet time.

We aren't either I mean some states and cities have mandatory recycling. I'm not surprised we have this location but am that it's free to the user. My guess is they believed we'd just toss the stuff somewhere else. I my old motor oil mix it with diesel and use it to burn brush piles.
Lots of shops around here have waste oil heaters. Some will even come and pick it up for you.

Any bites on the car yet? Getting kind of late in the season. Once we start getting this close to X Mas folks get pretty tight with cash.

-
Back