Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, ran some errands, cleaned one corner of shop. More of that the next couple days. Will work on last part of seat base for studebaker.

Got some major stuff done today. Actually a day or two ago I got the front end hooked up for the rotisserie on this car. But then got laywayed by work in the shop. I'm old, so I don't like to lay around under cars much, since I have a lift. But today I had to lay around under this car for quite a while to take care of whatever it takes to get it on the rotisserie. My clothes are filthy. Done now. Now to get to tearing the rest of it apart.
1000002811.jpg

1000002816.jpg

1000002815.jpg

1000002817.jpg

Got some major stuff done today. Actually a day or two ago I got the front end hooked up for the rotisserie on this car. But then got laywayed by work in the shop. I'm old, so I don't like to lay around under cars much, since I have a lift. But today I had to lay around under this car for quite a while to take care of whatever it takes to get it on the rotisserie. My clothes are filthy. Done now. Now to get to tearing the rest of it apart.
View attachment 1716167053

View attachment 1716167055

View attachment 1716167056

View attachment 1716167057

Amazing work!

Ya need some coveralls!

View attachment 1716167053

View attachment 1716167055

View attachment 1716167056

View attachment 1716167057
Filthy??? ya wanna see dirty stop over at my garage Mitch.

I have been thinking about that 360 I looked at last week. $600 and I don't need it. The bores are in good shape with no ridge. I bet you could hone and re ring with the stock pistons. The rod I looked at had real smooth bearings. Naw, I don't want to repower either of my cars. I was thinking of freshening it up and add my Speedmaster heads to up the compression a little. May be run it on the dyno to see what it does. I could probably have $2000 in it. Sell it for 3 or more? Just spit balling?

Yes... Never heard of them. That one is for sale near me.

$45,000
Indiana company.
Eventually joined with Auburn and Studebaker if memory serves.

edit

I have been thinking about that 360 I looked at last week. $600 and I don't need it. The bores are in good shape with no ridge. I bet you could hone and re ring with the stock pistons. The rod I looked at had real smooth bearings. Naw, I don't want to repower either of my cars. I was thinking of freshening it up and add my Speedmaster heads to up the compression a little. May be run it on the dyno to see what it does. I could probably have $2000 in it. Sell it for 3 or more? Just spit balling?
Wish I knew more about what an engine is worth but sounds like a good idea.

Nothing fancy tonight but pretty tasty!

20231115_194652.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back