Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yes... Never heard of them. That one is for sale near me.

$45,000
I'm shocked. One of the most classic cars of all time and way ahead of their time with the supercharger and that exhaust system. Totally bad *** design

Last edited:
I'm shocked. One of the most classic cars of all time anyway ahead of their time with the supercharger and that exhaust system. Totally bad *** design

Were they front wheel drive as well?

Wow

Screenshot_20231115_211038_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231115_211057_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231115_211109_Facebook.jpg

Anything super special about these exhaust manifold bolts, or should I be able to just find them at a good hardware store?

I have the old ones, but the threads are junk

Screenshot_20231115_214005_eBay.jpg

Anything super special about these exhaust manifold bolts, or should I be able to just find them at a good hardware store?

I have the old ones, but the threads are junk

View attachment 1716167088
Can you chase the threads, or are they that bad.
A lot of bolts, tend to be counterfeit. Best to get them from an industrial supplier. Not Lowes or Home Depot.

Yeah, I see it now. It is a V8. It's a flathead, so it sits down really low.

And super cool, the engine was made by the Lycoming Aircraft engine plant. Neato.

So question:

Would there be any interest in doing a group Angel tree and all of us chipping in to help make one kids Christmas special ?

Just something I’m kicking around and thinking about. My elementary school always did one as a class and for some reason, that popped into my head this morning. Haven’t looked into it to see if anyone is even still doing those.

Looking on-line, Auburn and Cord don't seem to have every joined Studebaker. They just all were Indiana based.
Guess there was actually more than Corn in Indiana huh. Interestingly enough, the majority of 727 torqueflites were built in Indiana as well, either at Kokomo or Indianapolis plants.

Morning everyone up for a while. Long day yesterday one of my eyes swelled up shut so off to the eye doctor who'd done the surgery. He cut it open and drained it and felt better. He stitched it up and kept apologizing because what he used to numb it hadn't worked. Oh well just laid there and took it in stride. Took 2/3rds of my other stiches out, go back in 10 days, back on meds for a week.

I’m glad you got some relief. Now take it easy and let it settle down today. Hopefully in the 10 days will be good to go.

Morning everyone up for a while. Long day yesterday one of my eyes swelled up shut so off to the eye doctor who'd done the surgery. He cut it open and drained it and felt better. He stitched it up and kept apologizing because what he used to numb it hadn't worked. Oh well just laid there and took it in stride. Took 2/3rds of my other stiches out, go back in 10 days, back on meds for a week.
Doesn’t sound fun. With all my eye problems and surgeries it was a long road as well.

Did he say what was the cause of the eye swelling shut?

Doesn’t sound fun. With all my eye problems and surgeries it was a long road as well.

Did he say what was the cause of the eye swelling shut?
Had a hematoma (blood pool) over the right eye at eyebrow level. Probably doing too much. It caused the whole eye to swell and the orbit area to turn a dark purple. Already a lot better this morning.

Well that sucks.... in short

Hope it's back on track

-
Back