Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, my POS truck didn't start yesterday at work. 14° and sat 10hrs. A friend with a new Chevy tried to jump start it, nope. Got a Co-op to join in. So, new Chevy and an older VW jetta TDI at the same time, took a bit, then finally lit. I am so very tired of this.... Maybe a bad battery or cell? His new truck was pulled down to 9V when I was cranking!
Charge the batteries then isolate them to test individually. Starter draw test on the starter. You may need a Sun Vat40 or similar to test properly.

Today I figured while the ground was soft and moist I could tear into an old fence line. Pull up t posts, rip sucker brush out and push over small locust. The locust are the bane of my existence. they are covered in medieval 2-3 inch spike thorns. They go thru boots or tires with impunity. They are evil. I got about forty feet done today. And was thrilled.

Today I figured while the ground was soft and moist I could tear into an old fence line. Pull up t posts, rip sucker brush out and push over small locust. The locust are the bane of my existence. they are covered in medieval 2-3 inch spike thorns. They go thru boots or tires with impunity. They are evil. I got about forty feet done today. And was thrilled.
Agree I've cut down all the locust trees on my five acres except one.

So whats the name of this place and where is it located?? Might be worth a road trip someday we aren't that far away.
It's called the Olde Brick House and it's in Marion (north side of Cedar Rapids.) About 45 min south of me. There is one in Rochester and St Cloud Minnesota. Fishypete lives in St Cloud.

Busy day getting ready for her girl's wine fest tomorrow. It's costing a small fortune but that's ok. I worked a few hours this afternoon chopping and shoveling the leftover snow and ice off the additional parking area in front of the detached garage. They need a place to park and not slip I was told...hmm the street and driveway are clear they could walk in?? 130 yards from the road so probably a bad suggestion...keep pushing snow keep chopping ice. I've secured refuge for tomorrow night at an alternate location with two other wine girl spouses. We're calling ours Whiskey Wednesday and we'll see who has more fun. Hey maybe between the wine and whiskey we might all have some fun?? :lol:

It's called the Olde Brick House and it's in Marion (north side of Cedar Rapids.) About 45 min south of me. There is one in Rochester and St Cloud Minnesota. Fishypete lives in St Cloud.
I'll have to check and see if there is something like it in Kansas City. Hmm here it'd be whiskey and BBQ...YUM!!

So Daughter in law has finally hit the wall on deer hunting. Her husband has her set up with a straight stock, bolt action, no drop, knock you senseless thirty caliber rifle That weighs about six hundred pounds. Foot note: she weighs literally just under 100 pounds, at I think 5-02. She has carried the six hundred pound rifle for the last time this weekend. At the start of the season rather than contradict our Son in front of her I pulled her aside and told her when she got fed up with the rifle to come see me! She said fine but did not understand at the time. She is an avid squirrel and duck hunter but has never pursued deer. She was on two bucks yesterday but could not manipulate the overly large rifle into a position to shoot. She reached out this morning and said she is inbound! I have had a Savage 110 in 243 setup for her, just waiting. Our deer are rarely over 100 pounds and a 243 is perfect for her. It is short stocked as well. It hurt me watching her sight in the thirty cal at start of season at the bench. I dialed it in then our boy wanted her to shoot it to verify zero. Two shots and she was done. It knocked her into next week. I can’t wait to let her see the difference today. She is just a absolute hunting machine but never deer till this year. Our boy married up for sure.

View attachment 1716171015
Congratulations on reseving a great doughter in law, that's great news, and congrats on her first deer cousin :thumbsup:
Man orange box strikes again.

I've seen numerous posts of yours on here regarding the ECU (orange boxes). I wish I would have read them sooner.

I have the Mopar Performance Electronic Ignition kit purchased through Mancini Racing. The first box was garbage right out of the packaging, they sent me another, and it lasted a whole 5-10 minutes. They don't want to send me another to replace it, and of course told me that they have sold hundreds without any problems (I'm sure!).

Any chance you have some input on what to go with? My customer is getting pissed because this stupid ignition has turned out to be more of a nuisance than the original dual points set-up was.
Let me say !! I listen and learn from you Hoppy, never failed me yet.
Thank you for the Ballast resistors, came in today, left you feed back bud :thumbsup:

I have a scary part was Cheryl said she knew where they are all...geezz!!

Kansas City: The Five Best Places to Drink Whiskey — MIKCexplore
So since you posted this, it led me down a rabbit hole for Fayetteville Ark. Wondered if they had a similar list? Which led to this bit of nonsense. And ya wonder why we drink at home.

IMG_0840.jpeg

Ugh ugh hell has frozen over, Chris understands electrical enough to be dangerous.

I’ve had this project at work since Feb that an electrical engineer has been working a design in. Basically building a giant office building , with over 50 desks. In late June, he sends me an email saying we don’t have enough power to supply everything, namely “amps” on 120VAC . I ask how much we had available, he replied that the transformer is only 150 AMPS. Basically enough for 7 desks( we allow 20 amps per desk/office). So went back to the customer, we spent 3 months redesigning the layout. Went over it today with everyone, very same electrical engineer goes “oh, I meant to say 150 KVA, not amps” I went, holy hell, we have over 1200 amps then. He goes no, 150… I had to explain to an electrical engineer that 1 kva is equals to a little more than 8 amps… he had to Google to verify. Now, he’s nearing mandatory retirement and almost 70 so I think he just got confused but still. Ugh

I literally have thousands of locust trees on our property.
That could be a lot of split rail fencing. A lot of work though
Black locust is about as rot resitant as one can get (from US or Canada anway)
Honey Locust not as much - would have to check.

I know a bad battery will bring a good one down to its level (don't get political, don't get political...) During cranking, it drains the batteries very quickly.
I installed a second battery in my avalanche before last winter. I was occasionally having to boost it. I figured parasitic drain, when i decided to isolate the batteries,turns out the battery that was new when i bought truck was junk. The second battery was hiding the problem.

So since you posted this, it led me down a rabbit hole for Fayetteville Ark. Wondered if they had a similar list? Which led to this bit of nonsense. And ya wonder why we drink at home.

View attachment 1716171921
Wow that's a lot of tax ya I understand why you drink at home and the moon shiners have such a great following. We only pay sales tax in Kansas.

I installed a second battery in my avalanche before last winter. I was occasionally having to boost it. I figured parasitic drain, when i decided to isolate the batteries,turns out the battery that was new when i bought truck was junk. The second battery was hiding the problem.
With my truck, 7.3 diesel, it has two 850cca group 65 and still has issues. I did call the parts place tonight and asked them to look up when i bought them. 2013! 10 yrs ain't so bad maybe. Time for new ones. Fingers crossed.

Wow that's a lot of tax ya I understand why you drink at home and the moon shiners have such a great following. We only pay sales tax in Kansas.
Or go to the class 6 and pay no sales tax.

That said, everyone pays federal taxes on alcohol, there’s not avoiding it. Usually it’s built into the price so you don’t see it itemized but some places do itemize it

With my truck, 7.3 diesel, it has two 850cca group 65 and still has issues. I did call the parts place tonight and asked them to look up when i bought them. 2013! 10 yrs ain't so bad maybe. Time for new ones. Fingers crossed.
Look at the Motorcraft group 65 batteries. They have 10 years worth of pro rated warranty. 3 year free replacement then seven years pro rated.

-
Back