Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Since the shop is the slowest it's ever been and Billy's fresh 440 Fury is broken in and out of the way, I actually worked on my Cuda for the first time in 9 years! Finally got rid of the rainbow under the hood and installed new duals with Thrush turbos. It sounds healthy!

View attachment 1716172800

View attachment 1716172801

View attachment 1716172802

No, they're not coated yet. Still deciding what to do.

This was the second video. The first had a proper introduction but the battery was $hit and of course wouldn't start the car (my luck ). Excuse Zeus the Wonder Doberman and his serious exhaust fetish and my unladylike outburst -- I was excited.

I miscounted at the mockup and was four clamps short; they'll be here in a few days. I'll try to take y'all for a ride when it's back on the wheels.

Just like the carpenters house with the half done room addition, or the cobbler s kids that got no shoes, I see all kinds of opportunities to showcase your work on your own motor! Hah! Beautiful car! Great color choice! If only I had the cash that Duster would have a new home as well!

It’s Friday and super quiet in here? Y’all stay up late watching football last night? We watched Faraway Downs last night. It was pretty cool. We bing watched all 5/6 episodes!
I'm here. Busy helping the wife get out the door to a early meeting this morning and fitting in some early morning moderator duties.

It’s Friday and super quiet in here? Y’all stay up late watching football last night? We watched Faraway Downs last night. It was pretty cool. We bing watched all 5/6 episodes!
Not enough coffee yet but should be totally awake soon.

I think the workers all went in early to maybe get an early start to the weekend?? I guess the rest of us will have to keep it going this morning.

Need to run into town and get the new ATV tires mounted, as well as the trailer wheel and tire that got delivered

I think the workers all went in early to maybe get an early start to the weekend?? I guess the rest of us will have to keep it going this morning.
It's a big job but I think we can handle it. (between naps) :rofl: :rofl:

Well I got fired by my PT dungeon master yesterday. He said I was to the point that he really did not see any need to come back. I have been doing PT at home religiously. In fact as a result I only went to three official PT sessions total for the shoulder replacement. My range of motion is well beyond targeted goal. I am still weak as a kitten on that side but starting to focus on strength conditioning now that I am as far as I can go with range of motion. Very happy with results thus far. But rehab has been painful.

Good Morning All! Weekend is upon us working types, woo hoo! Kids and I are taking wife out for her birthday tomorrow. Today is PAC12 Championship, so go Huskies! Seahawks made it respectable last night but I didn't think they'd beat the Cowgirls

Our boy kicked off motion sensors this morning so there was no sleeping in here. He is up the mountain doing some last minute deer hunting. He is going to be surprised once it gets light as I have been doing a bunch of clearing up top in preparation of building some kind of gazebo up there next summer. I have it mostly flat and kind of ready. I have so much native stone I will likely make a stone floor first. I will take some pix here in a day or so. The view is stunning from up there.

Well I got fired by my PT dungeon master yesterday. He said I was to the point that he really did not see any need to come back. I have been doing PT at home religiously. In fact as a result I only went to three official PT sessions total for the shoulder replacement. My range of motion is well beyond targeted goal. I am still weak as a kitten on that side but starting to focus on strength conditioning now that I am as far as I can go with range of motion. Very happy with results thus far. But rehab has been painful.
Congrats!! Keep it up and start light with that strength building. It will come just be patient and don't overdo it.

Last edited:
Our boy kicked off motion sensors this morning so there was no sleeping in here. He is up the mountain doing some last minute deer hunting. He is going to be surprised once it gets light as I have been doing a bunch of clearing up top in preparation of building some kind of gazebo up there next summer. I have it mostly flat and kind of ready. I have so much native stone I will likely make a stone floor first. I will take some pix here in a day or so. The view is stunning from up there.
Sounds nice.

Congrats!! Keep it up and start light with that strength building. It will come just be patient and don't overdo it.
Says the pot to the kettle! Hah! I am actually pretty excited to start pushing some weight around. I mean seriously, we are not talking about plates here, we are talking 4-6 pound dumbell work! But hey that is 4-6 pounds more than last week!

Says the pot to the kettle! Hah! I am actually pretty excited to start pushing some weight around. I mean seriously, we are not talking about plates here, we are talking 4-6 pound dumbell work! But hey that is 4-6 pounds more than last week!
Exactly!! I went back this week just light weights with more reps and like it. The heavy days are over!!

Sounds nice.
Thank Mike, it has been a bunch of work. I wish I had taken a before picture as the brush and trees were impenetrable. I just put the bucket down and started pushing a little bit at a time. Hardest part on shoulder was hopping in and out of tractor on the hill. It really loaded my shoulder up. Once I got it to where I could turn around I could get on uphill side for dismount. Much easier. I don’t have it quite flat yet and I need to do some berm work for water diversion but it is coming along. I will try and remember to take phone with me for pix. I generally don’t carry phone all day just radio as phone doesn’t work out here anyway.

Hey question.... on our cars, where a bolt goes through sheetmetal and there is the "nut" that slides over the other piece. What are those officially called? Body bolts/clips?

-
Back