Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Didn't you just deal with that at your mother in law's house??? You have luck like I do Mike.
Hope it's something simple.
Yep. MIL's house over T giving. I went over to Andy's house and got my drain. It is going down very slow. I'll try some boiling water and the plunger and see what it will do before I take the trap apart. :BangHead: :mob: :mob: :mob: :lol: I was cleaning up the kitchen and loading the dishwasher. I shouldn't have used the garbage disposal. LOL

Im hoping to get time to get under the dart this weekend. I noticed it’s dripping oil. It never dripped before. The steering feels off and I need to see what’s going on with that. When I hit a bump or even just a man hole cover it really grabs the wheels and pulls the steering wheel. It’s manual steering but it didn’t pull that hard before.
Time for QA-1 ! Put them on the duster , what a difference !!

Im hoping to get time to get under the dart this weekend. I noticed it’s dripping oil. It never dripped before. The steering feels off and I need to see what’s going on with that. When I hit a bump or even just a man hole cover it really grabs the wheels and pulls the steering wheel. It’s manual steering but it didn’t pull that hard before.
Check out @HemiDenny for tubular K frame swap he is on here and many of us run his front ends. Except for the purists, if that is important to you? Don’t know your views on modern mods. He has an excellent product, I have been trying to tear it up for years to no avail!

Bad plumbing news. It is draining slow but leaking through the floor into the basement. (from a previous soil stack repair in the wall.. I have a feeling.) I called the plumber. It might be Monday.

Check out @HemiDenny for tubular K frame swap he is on here and many of us run his front ends. Except for the purists, if that is important to you? Don’t know your views on modern mods. He has an excellent product, I have been trying to tear it up for years to no avail!
I am not a purist. I want it to run and drive. Being a cruiser is my goal since I have been driving it almost daily. Any tips or tricks on ways to make it a little better is appreciated.

I am not a purist. I want it to run and drive. Being a cruiser is my goal since I have been driving it almost daily. Any tips or tricks on ways to make it a little better is appreciated.
HemiDenny makes good stuff. But I went with a Gerst coil over tubular k frame on my dart and he custom designed a watts rear for my dart. Scroll through my build thread linked in my signature and you’ll see it.

Factory steering boxes being worn out can cause your issue. If the tubular K is out of your price range, a Borgesan steerinfg bic upgrade and replacing your tie rods and such will tighten things up nicely . Then you can dive into bigger torsion bars and such if you want.

I will have to climb under and look it over and price everything out. At this point it will probably have to wait until spring. The ford is taking more time, attention and $$ than we had anticipated. But if I can at least plan it out and start gathering parts and researching how to do the work I will hopefully be better off come spring time.

I will have to climb under and look it over and price everything out. At this point it will probably have to wait until spring. The ford is taking more time, attention and $$ than we had anticipated. But if I can at least plan it out and start gathering parts and researching how to do the work I will hopefully be better off come spring time.
Have you rebuilt the front end.

If you suddenly develop bump steer, then you likely have something about to go out. You may not be able to find it just being under it. Probably should get the front end up on jack stands with wheels hanging. Tie rod or ball joint possibly.

So just to make sure I understand , the Chevelle is in the protected coveted garage, and the Ford is now eating up the Dart upgrade parts money? What’s next ya gotta a VW in the back yard? Tell me the Dart ain’t sitting out in the snow? Cold lonely and unappreciated? Poor girl. But I reckon we will still keep ya! Clearly ya got thick skin, plus you can ride herd on hoppy. Not just anyone can do that!

Says some assembly required lol

20231201_103912.jpg

So just to make sure I understand , the Chevelle is in the protected coveted garage, and the Ford is now eating up the Dart upgrade parts money? What’s next ya gotta a VW in the back yard? Tell me the Dart ain’t sitting out in the snow? Cold lonely and unappreciated? Poor girl. But I reckon we will still keep ya! Clearly ya got thick skin, plus you can ride herd on hoppy. Not just anyone can do that!
Yup that pretty much sums it up. Minus the VW. The poor girl does have a car cover :lol:. One day hopefully I can claim the garage. When she is restored fully to her former glory then I will make you all proud. I refuse to give up, but I will curse a lot along the way :)

-
Back