Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Was inside under dash in a few cars yesterday helping Keith salvage parts, I’m old
mechanis yoga.jpg

There just might be some frost on the neighbor's roof this morning :eek: The airport only missed freezing by 5° and here there is a 4 or 5° diff to the cold side from the weather station 2 miles away :realcrazy:

Cold here, got little over an inch of the white stuff. Horses were in the barn unimpressed but the dogs loved it. Back from our walk an need coffee.

Actually starts today, spent yesterday at the Federal Law Enforcement Firearms Training Center. Wow, what a facility. They train everything from Air Force Police to DEA FBI etc. Here in a couple of weeks I have to go in and train the trainers if you will. 18 Federal Firearms Instructors for me to train. No pressure! Hah! If I lived closer I would probably work there full time. The guy that hired me to teach his instructors was on full recruiting effort Yesterday! Good guy. The facility was over the top nice. Good group of folks. Turns out I ended up knowing a couple of them already. You get to a certain point and the circle gets small.
Sounds like a cool place to hang out.

So I've been having trouble also with the Cadillac check engine light coming on. Says crankshaft position sensor. Well well well. Well I changed that a year ago when I had to pull the intake manifold to change the knock sensors. I also changed the cam position sensor and the starter all because you have to pull the intake manifold to get in there to change those things and I didn't want to do it again. Guess what? Apparently the crank position sensor I got from carquest is defective. So yesterday I pulled the intake manifold again and changed it. Also a huge PIA. :mob:
1000002933.jpg

1000002935.jpg

So I've been having trouble also with the Cadillac check engine light coming on. Says crankshaft position sensor. Well well well. Well I changed that a year ago when I had to pull the intake manifold to change the knock sensors. I also changed the cam position sensor and the starter all because you have to pull the intake manifold to get in there to change those things and I didn't want to do it again. Guess what? Apparently the crank position sensor I got from carquest is defective. So yesterday I pulled the intake manifold again and changed it. Also a huge PIA. :mob:
View attachment 1716176321

View attachment 1716176322
Good place to put a starter. :BangHead:

Well, I am pretty damn old today then. It is amazing, how, when a car seems pretty high up on big jack stands, how little room there is with a welding helmet on. Only a couple small things to do on the firewall and the motor/trans are going in. It is looking like I may put the Franklin quickchange in instead of the 8 3/4. I will need to convert it from floating wide five to standard though.
Can you get some wide 5 hubs for the front? Then you can use magnesium oval track wheels of a very Racey look.

Well gonna see how much I piss Uncle Sam off today. Was supposed to report at 1800. Confirmed multiple times this past week. Get a text a few minutes ago, wanting me there at 1100. Told them to **** off.

Can you get some wide 5 hubs for the front? Then you can use magnesium oval track wheels of a very Racey look.
I have a set of wide 5 hubs for the front, but I am using a Crown Vic front suspension (yeah I know, let the haters hate), and there isn't a typical spindle to use it. I also have the Coleman conversion spindle stubs, but I would need to make spindles from scratch, or come up with a way to use a wide five knuckle. The ball joints on these are special for the aluminum knuckles so they aren't the standard taper. Always something.

Well today I bought some gel coat for molding to see if that helps with the dam pin holes I end up getting on my molded fiberglass parts.
Got a test butt drying and if it works I'll be making another spoiler soon.

Spent some time in shop, cleaned pellet stove, bolted my 4 pack dewalt charger to cabinet and moved the power tools.all my cordless tool chargers are on a shop light circuit now. Lights off, chargers off.

Spent some time in shop, cleaned pellet stove, bolted my 4 pack dewalt charger to cabinet and moved the power tools.all my cordless tool chargers are on a shop light circuit now. Lights off, chargers off.
You get time ya need to stop by for a visit would enjoy some good company.

You get time ya need to stop by for a visit would enjoy some good company.
Planning on it. Summertime though. Kim’s girlfriend lives in Glenboro, so we were planning an overnight there, then a day across the border.

Was in for a half day at work. Off till Tuesday now. Mostly goofing off time. Then off Friday Lots of short work weeks now- till the second week of January. :thumbsup:

-
Back