Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Where the hec should I post a chebby intake and cabs with linkage for sale at here ! other stuff ?

01ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.jpg

That should be a breeze I believe Karl, fly wheel change I think or flex plate . oil pan will need changed won't it ?

All my stuff is automatic...

You will probably need to get the proper flywheel for the 360 so it's balanced properly, or run the proper flex plate/flywheel combo...

Yes, you will need the proper oil pan for the early A-body. Didn't you have a thread on that about a year ago that listed the right pan # for a 360 in an a-body. I believe that there are two that will work...

Yes I did, my wife is here and I have to take her to town now,, I have everything I need for the 360, oil pan and flex plate .

I will be gathering notes and info on all I have and learned the hard way, between you and I and the info we can gather from here and the world web we should get a good help thread going boss :usflag:

We need to get he best info out there... Make FABO the "go-to" source....

Yes I did, my wife is here and I have to take her to town now,, I have everything I need for the 360, oil pan and flex plate .

Hopefully the rest of the swap goes well with no more surprises... :eek:

Have fun in town with Treva... :D

Are the flood waters going down yet? I saw on the news about a 13 year old that got swept away in the water and was found two hours later and survived. A little beat up, but nothing serious...

You guys got dumped on down there... :BangHead:

I wasn't expecting that Opel, Dave.
I was actually a huge fan of the Opel back in those days. The design was simple yet elegant and the cars were a lot of fun to drive. I did a lot of detail work on the Wagon and my daily driver at that time was a red '74 Manta that I absolutely loved. I had worked it up to 105 HP and the car handled like it was of rails. I even do photoshop images of those cars...

Opel engine.jpg

1974 Opel Manta.jpg

opel red.jpg

I was actually a huge fan of the Opel back in those days. The design was simple yet elegant and the cars were a lot of fun to drive. I did a lot of detail work on the Wagon and my daily driver at that time was a red '74 Manta that I absolutely loved. I had worked it up to 105 HP and the car handled like it was of rails. I even do photoshop images of those cars...
Yeah, the old Mantas are really cool.

I need all the help I can get with early A stuff. 1966 and back is a mystery to me. Only now I am messing with my first early A ever.

I am amazed to get the impression in this thread that 73 + LCA's will work on an eARLY a?? I would not have guessed that.

I still have a ton of questions about my lowly valiant.

anyone have beer
Afraid not.

I need all the help I can get with early A stuff. 1966 and back is a mystery to me. Only now I am messing with my first early A ever.

I am amazed to get the impression in this thread that 73 + LCA's will work on an eARLY a?? I would not have guessed that.

I still have a ton of questions about my lowly valiant.

I think you have fewer questions than I do...

Memike and myself just started a 8 1/4 thread if you have any good info on them just add it.

Memike and myself just started a 8 1/4 thread if you have any good info on them just add it.

I have an 8 1/4 from a 70 belvedere slant six car. I am thinking to use it in an A-body down the road but I have always been curious if it was the same set up because it is so early.

I even had one in a 69 Satellite more door about 10 years ago, so I know that B-bodies had them that early even though I don't think it was mega common as most B-body cars had 8 3/4s

I have an 8 1/4 from a 70 belvedere slant six car. I am thinking to use it in an A-body down the road but I have always been curious if it was the same set up because it is so early.

I even had one in a 69 Satellite more door about 10 years ago, so I know that B-bodies had them that early even though I don't think it was mega common as most B-body cars had 8 3/4s

That 66 belvedere has one I am pretty sure.

There is no competition unless we have to run in this group. Memi and I have discovered some little well known info and started a thread about it so others do not make the same mistakes.

Afraid not.

A piece of string walks into a bar and tries to order a beer...

The bartender points to a sign that states they do not serve string there...

Since this is the only bar in town and the string really wanted a beer, he went down the street and paid a thug to rough him up. the thug crumpled him up, stomped on him, pulled him apart, tied him in knots, etc. until he was looking very rough and beat up...

He goes back to the bar and orders another drink. The bartender looks at him and asks, "Aren't you that string that I kicked out of here earlier???"

The string replies, "No, I'm a frayed knot..." :D

-
Back