Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good evening folks! Checking in late since I just got home from my daughter's band concert.

I also got the fuel pump blanking plate off the GTS earlier today and sure enough, it was warped causing the leak. Both the top and bottom edges were bowed out by about a 1/16". We just flipped it over so that the center where the bolt holes are was then bowed out and torqued it tight with a new gasket and sealant. Checked it afterward and it was true flat from top to bottom.

I will let it cure overnight and do some shake down runs tomorrow and confirm that it's fixed.

Soooo...

I'm thinking about getting a pair of firewall to fender braces from a later model A body and adding them to the GTS. I did that on a 1970 Duster years ago and remember that it really tightened up the front both while cornering and on rough roads.

Of course, that was a long time ago so I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on doing it (other than it's not an OEM part for '69).

Whats the difference? Dia?

The GTS doesn't have the underhood firewall to fender braces. They didn't show up on A bodies until later years. That's why I added them to my old '70 Duster.

clean engine bay.jpg

belly dancing = totally American created.

Makes me laugh when people think that is a way of life in the east and middle east .....Really !?!?! LMAO

-
Back