Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I've seen that one but the width looks fishy...
fits 26 inch radiator holes....when I put one in my dart, the dart originally had the small 22 inch radiator hole so I had to trim it. But my dad's cuda was originally the big radiator car and the spectra bolted right in on a test fit so I used his cuda as a template to trim my dart and I welded some nuts to avoid looking too shade tree.

fits 26 inch radiator holes....when I put one in my dart, the dart originally had the small 22 inch radiator hole so I had to trim it. But my dad's cuda was originally the big radiator car and the spectra bolted right in on a test fit so I used his cuda as a template to trim my dart and I welded some nuts to avoid looking too shade tree.
Thank you ma'am. I may very well go that way then. Since this will be no kind of hotrod, that should cool it just fine. Thanks for the real world info..

you would have to weld some brackets on??

that would hurt in a nice painted finished engine bay like yours.

definitely be interesting to open the hood and see them

I am pretty sure 74 was the first year for them....my 75 has them

No welding required. I just need to drill a couple of holes on the firewall lip for the bolts on that end. The other end goes to the top fender bolts.

Now I remember the details of installing the fender braces. The later models have a wide spot on the firewall seam to hold the capture nut clips for the brace. The earlier cars don't.

In order to use them on an earlier car, the ends of the bar have to be trimmed slightly on one edge, slid over a bit and a use standard nut and bolt since the capture nuts are too deep to work...

fender braces 2a.jpg

they are not very thick bars, I wouldn't imagine they could make that much of a difference, but engineers did put them on for a reason I guess.

I don't remember years ago paying attention to it when I had a 74 duster with them and I have only driven older cars without them till now and I have not been able to drive my 75 yet so it will be fun to compare and pay attention after I get the 75 running.

why ouch? don't you think it's cleaner looking to have the nuts welded to the radiator support??

may not look O.E. but that is better than using a socket on one side and a wrench on the other and try to hold everything up at the same time. IMO

We got the engine pulled out of Eddie's Dart today. Took 4 hours from running engine to out and on the ground...

DSC04093 B.jpg

DSC04136 B.jpg

DSC04148 B.jpg

DSC04152 B.jpg

DSC04158 B.jpg

DSC04160 B.jpg

DSC04168 B.jpg

DSC04173 B.jpg

Here's Eddie dreaming of the 340 in the car and planning the engine compartment clean-up for tomorrow:

DSC04171 B.jpg

why ouch? don't you think it's cleaner looking to have the nuts welded to the radiator support??

may not look O.E. but that is better than using a socket on one side and a wrench on the other and try to hold everything up at the same time. IMO

Man joke... :realcrazy:

It does look better... :D

Man joke... :rolleyes:

I am starting to think it's going to be the engineering feat. of epic time and science to understand the brain of a man. Everything is totally backwards and sees everything as a joke and has no rhyme or reason to simple logic. LOL ...I am amazed and surprised daily by it. :p:eek::realcrazy:

I am starting to think it's going to be the engineering feat. of epic time and science to understand the brain of a man. Everything is totally backwards and sees everything as a joke and has no rhyme or reason to simple logic. LOL ...I am amazed and surprised daily by it. :p:eek::realcrazy:

Men's minds run on logic and thinking about women, woman's mind runs on emotion and thinking about men...

Men marry a woman for who she is and doesn't want her to change, but she changes anyway...

Women marry men to try to change them, but the men don't change...

Don't try to figure it out...just enjoy that men and women are different enough that they can work so well together.

Vive la difference!

Men's minds run on logic and thinking about women, woman's mind runs on emotion and thinking about men...

Men marry a woman for who she is and doesn't want her to change, but she changes anyway...

Women marry men to try to change them, but the men don't change...

well I am not changing, I am going to eat burgers and drive mopars and be me till I die ...so HA!! and it's because I can. God Bless USA where you can be free as the wind and buy whatever makes you happy without being questioned and made feel weird or dirty and you don't HAVE to marry someone or fear getting raped or hurt.

We got the engine pulled out of Eddie's Dart today. Took 4 hours from running engine to out and on the ground...
I'm sure I missed it. Was that a 340 that got pulled out to be replaced with a new one, or was it something else in there?

well I am not changing, I am going to eat burgers and drive mopars and be me till I die ...so HA!! and it's because I can. God Bless USA where you can be free as the wind and buy whatever makes you happy without being questioned and made feel weird or dirty and you don't HAVE to marry someone or fear getting raped or hurt.

You sound like my wife. We've been married for 30 years this Fall and we've been together for 36 years. She hasn't changed a bit (other than getting older) and refuses to do so despite my occasional pleading for some evolution of thinking...LOL!

You sound like my wife. We've been married for 30 years this Fall and we've been together for 36 years. She hasn't changed a bit (other that getting older) and refuses to do so despite my occasional pleading for some evolution of thinking...LOL!

wow congrats on being married for so long, that is rare these days around here. One reason I am so untrusting, because people don't seem to take it serious and a lot of people separate just because it didn't work out which is ok, if that is the case, it's just too "grown up" for me.

My adoptive parents celebrate 40 years together this fall and my birth parents have been together for as long as I have been alive....so it's good.

-
Back