Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Got a Greek restaurant here that has a belly dancing night twice a month. Girl can really move. Not my bag, but it was pretty cool..

Here is some almost useless information.

The term "belly dance" is a translation of the French term "danse du ventre", which was applied to the dance in the Victorian era, and probably originally referred to the Arabic tribe Ouled Nail dancers of Algeria, whose dance used more abdominal movements than the dances described today as "belly dance". It is something of a misnomer, as every part of the body is involved in the dance; the most featured body part is usually the hips.

In Arabic, the dance is known as "Raqs Sharqi" ("Eastern Dance") or "Raqs Beledi" ("Country Dance" or "Folk Dance").

Dalilah while filming Keyf Ansak in Cairo, 1957.
Belly dance is primarily a torso-driven dance, with an emphasis on articulations of the hips.[2] Unlike many Western dance forms, the focus of the dance is on relaxed, natural isolations of the torso muscles, rather than on movements of the limbs through space. Although some of these isolations appear superficially similar to the isolations used in jazz ballet, they are sometimes driven differently and have a different feeling or emphasis.

In common with most folk dances, there is no universally codified naming scheme for belly dance movements.[3] Some dancers and dance schools have developed their own naming schemes, but none of these is universally recognised

I finally got the ladder handy and hung up my Demon banner in my Rani cave.

I am thinking of having another banner made with "Dart Swinger" or something like that.

CIMG0043.JPG

Did you see my question about the fender braces? Any thoughts?

you would have to weld some brackets on??

that would hurt in a nice painted finished engine bay like yours.

definitely be interesting to open the hood and see them

I am pretty sure 74 was the first year for them....my 75 has them

meh, big girls belly dancing are boring. Lets talk about cars some more. :rolleyes:
Moh-k.. so I need a radiator for my car. The original that came with the 318 is 26 in, 2 row. Local radiator shop (total joke) says no fixing it without a full recore. Quotes me $280 for a new one. I can get a 26 in 3 row aluminum for 2 bills shipped. Best i can find on replacement is about 250. Do i go aluminum? Get my 2 row recored somewhere else? Do i put a chevy radiator in it and call it good?

Moh-k.. so I need a radiator for my car. The original that came with the 318 is 26 in, 2 row. Local radiator shop (total joke) says no fixing it without a full recore. Quotes me $280 for a new one. I can get a 26 in 3 row aluminum for 2 bills shipped. Best i can find on replacement is about 250. Do i go aluminum? Get my 2 row recored somewhere else? Do i put a chevy radiator in it and call it good?

what car ?? the barracuda?

Spectra's quality is starting to get really good on parts now since they are getting away from the bling factor.

-
Back