Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I get it! Days here start in the 70s and hit mid 80s in the day. And always an ocean breeze. My slice of paradise.
Ben when you leave do you turn the water off at the Oklahoma house?? I do and always wondered after I turn it off if I should drain the water left in the lines??

Ben when you leave do you turn the water off at the Oklahoma house?? I do and always wondered after I turn it off if I should drain the water left in the lines??
I do shut off the water. I drain what I can at the lowest spigot. Gets most water out. House is all PEX plumbing so it has some flex. Seldom is there an issue unless it gets below 0 for multiple days

They do have courses in Viet Nam, but land is at a premium. Quite expensive to play there. Think Las Vegas...... :lol:
Vegas ia $200-250 a round. Maybe in VN they'd give me a military discount...:lol:
I bet you get asked if you served in VN. If I remember right, you place is in South Vietnam.
Were there any US bases in the area then that Chin or her Mom remembers??

Vegas ia $200-250 a round. Maybe in VN they'd give me a military discount...:lol:
I bet you get asked if you served in VN. If I remember right, you place id in South Vietnam.
Were there and US bases in the area that Chin or her Mom remembers??
I am about the age where they would think I had served there, but rarely am I asked. When asked, I tell the the truth. I will never be a Valor Thief. I do tell them that my Father served here at the height of the War 1968-1969. For the most part, Vietnamese people have forgotten that War and children are not even taught of the history. VN people are genuinely accepting of Americans, and often stop me just to talk. There are a few US Base sites still visible in the Mekong area where my house is, and her Moms house. There was an Army Airfield adjacent to the City of Vinh Long ( Vinh Long Airfield ) that has been swallowed up by the City's expansion. Duong Vo Van Kiet ( road Vo Van Kiet ). Vo Van Kiet was a famous South Vietnamese Polititian. You know that is was a runway when you drive down it, but now has light industrial and businesses, and homes along it. The Navy also had a PBR base at Vinh Long, on the Riverfront. PBR's were small (45ft) Jetdrive Battle Rigs that could traverse the small canals and waterways in the area. So yes, the is still a lot of Military history to see there, and I enjoy finding new things. Recently I have been into studying the History of the MACV-SOG teams operating across the fence for 8 years ...

I do shut off the water. I drain what I can at the lowest spigot. Gets most water out. House is all PEX plumbing so it has some flex. Seldom is there an issue unless it gets below 0 for multiple days
What about the deal about chlorine breaking down PEX pipe? Is that a myth?

Good morning, brewing some coffee. I didn't do any backreading......................

Made the round trip to NC yesterday and dropped off the car. Left at 0330 and go there by 0950 and was on the road again by 1045 and home at 1715. Good to have it down there so it can be put back together.

Good morning, brewing some coffee. I didn't do any backreading......................

Made the round trip to NC yesterday and dropped off the car. Left at 0330 and go there by 0950 and was on the road again by 1045 and home at 1715. Good to have it down there so it can be put back together.

That's a grinding round trip. Hope 81 was kind to you but glad you got it done. I hope the install can happen quickly.

All tucked in up on the compound as the weather approaches?

They give you a time frame getting it done??

That's a grinding round trip. Hope 81 was kind to you but glad you got it done. I hope the install can happen quickly.

All tucked in up on the compound as the weather approaches?
Thanks 81, wasnt bad at all..............it was a good run. He is doing a lot to the car. He is going to replace all the front end parts and sandblast the K frame, fix the transmission tunnel area, fix the passenger fender in the engine bay. As well as go through all the brakes I did, etc. it is in good hands.

Yup, just waiting to see how snow we get...................no plans other than drink some coffee and relax today.

No hurry now winter is here................I just wanted to get it down there before we got any weather. Did not want salt and garbage all over towing it down art a later date. Worked out great, time-wise.

Thanks 81, wasnt bad at all..............it was a good run. He is doing a lot to the car. He is going to replace all the front end parts and sandblast the K frame, fix the transmission tunnel area, fix the passenger fender in the engine bay. As well as go through all the brakes I did, etc. it is in good hands.

Yup, just waiting to see how snow we get...................no plans other than drink some coffee and relax today.
Looks like we'll stay in the snow band with the ice and garbage to the East. Hope that holds up

Screenshot_20240106_073306_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_073217_Brave.jpg

Good morning crew. We are off to do some sporting clay practice for the kids before the snow hits. It’s going to be a chilly morning

-
Back