Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
kinda seems like regarding slant sixes ......later is better.

Why wouldn't someone want a 72+ head with the hardened valve thingys for unleaded gas.

The later ones seem bigger for some reason ....maybe it's the bolted on stuff and broader valve cover

I did notice the 66 one the valve cover really looks lower on it than the 74.

That's what I should do today pull that motor, the guy is picking it up next weekend.

I think I am making more burgers today ...seems like a traditional Memorial day meal.

It's a big holiday for my adoptive family having had a member serve in every U.S. war in the 20th century and many didn't come back. My adoptive Dad even served Vietnam era and came back in one piece.

I am not sure if people get anything out of turning it into a drinking day around us but each to their own.

It is a day to reflect on our past for me with all the service members that did not come home. I usually go to the ceremony they have here every year and actually meet up with a few I served with also.

I think I am making more burgers today ...seems like a traditional Memorial day meal.

It's a big holiday for my adoptive family having had a member serve in every U.S. war in the 20th century and many didn't come back. My adoptive Dad even served Vietnam era and came back in one piece.

I am not sure if people get anything out of turning it into a drinking day around us but each to their own.
Speaking of Viet Nam... I may be making a visit there in Jan 17. My barber is Vietnamese and goes every so many years. He invited me to go with. He's a Wild and Crazy guy.. Should be fun if I pull it off.

You guys have to see what Keith did with that cherry table top I gave him to put legs on for the deck.

Hoping our local ceremony isn't a washout. I need to check what time it starts. Been at it most of last 10 or so years. With my kids being in band, they played there every year (8 years).

WOW
DSC00610.JPG
DSC00611.JPG
DSC00610.JPG
DSC00611.JPG

It is a day to reflect on our past for me with all the service members that did not come home. I usually go to the ceremony they have here every year and actually meet up with a few I served with also.
I usually visit Arlington National Cemetery, where both of my Parents are interned .
144.jpg
142.jpg
151.jpg

Next year at the annual coffee thread gathering!, something is telling me it will be here just before MOPAR Carlisle!

-
Back