Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning!

I find the prospect of having dementia horrifying, certainly for the person who has it but also to a great extent for the family. I suppose the period when you can still understand that you are gradually becoming demented must be awful for all parties.

I have an uncle who is more or less gone. He has Alzheimer's, though, which I believe is slightly different. Now he's in a home but for many years his wife took care of him all by herself. He's the only one in our family so far but my wife's grandmother had dementia for quite a few years before she passed away around the time we met. I went to her funeral.

So far my parents seem ok and I'm truly grateful. My mom turns 70 this year and my dad's 73.

Well thanks for listening. My sister and I are all the family he has. We were raised in FL then my Dad remarried and moved to the N. Georgia mountains which is an alien place to us, but it's his home. His wife passed away last fall, I'll only say she was not receptive to help from us. I'll say goodnight soon... Glad you parents seem ok.

Big day today. I'm selling my 1991 Honda VFR750 that I've had since 1999. It's been collecting dust in my garage since 2007 I think, partially disassembled. I've started repairing the fairings after a small incident that left the upper parts cracked in a couple of places.
It feels good that someone will take over. The buyer is a gentleman who has been riding and wrenching on bikes his whole life and now he's going into retirement so he needs a project. Perfect. That way it'll be back on the roads eventually.
It started right up when I hooked up my Dart battery but the carbs are overflowing, all four of them which of course is no issue. Of course I parked it with a nearly full tank of gas so now I've got five gallons of ten year old gas sitting in a jug ...
Anyway, He should get here around ten. He'll be getting it for a silly low price considering what he gets for the money.
2016-04-21 15.13.27.jpg

not sure if you guys ever heard of a singer named Eric Clapton ....but he rocks if you ever hear it.

Good morning everyone

I finally watched the new Star Wars movie this past weekend. I never saw it when it was at the theatre and then I kinda forgot about it. Finally caught up. Cant say I am totally impressed but it was ok. There are a few messages that I don't like and I think it reflects today's society a bit much. But at least there was a lot of blaster activity and some light saber action.

Mix it with fresh and run it in your mower. Did that with the old gas from my Duster when I removed the tank.
I was actually thinking about doing just that only not mix it, just run it as it is. It will last me five years probably. I think the ethanol content is 5-10% over here.

I finally watched the new Star Wars movie this past weekend. I never saw it when it was at the theatre and then I kinda forgot about it. Finally caught up. Cant say I am totally impressed but it was ok. There are a few messages that I don't like and I think it reflects today's society a bit much. But at least there was a lot of blaster activity and some light saber action.
It sucked big time in my opinion. Essentially a re-make of the very first Star Wars to come out.

Oh, and good morning everyone!

And if you don't know who Eric Clapton is, you've been living under a rock for thirty years. :p

I was actually thinking about doing just that only not mix it, just run it as it is. It will last me five years probably. I think the ethanol content is 5-10% over here.
I thought you had a big riding mower? 5 gallons would give me 3-4 cuts...

-
Back