Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
"Just climb on the ball Alex! I'll get ya down!" says Red the crane operator. Swings me off the top of the portable plant I was workin' on, releases the brake on the load line, freefall, catches me about a foot off the ground :lol: I got him back later on another job. 40 mph on a public street with him in his doghouse and 125' of boom following him :lol:
Ok that’s funny right there! There is nuthin on earth as unstable and woolly as a dog house rolling down the road!

"Just climb on the ball Alex! I'll get ya down!" says Red the crane operator. Swings me off the top of the portable plant I was workin' on, releases the brake on the load line, freefall, catches me about a foot off the ground :lol: I got him back later on another job. 40 mph on a public street with him in his doghouse and 125' of boom following him :lol:
It is kind of funny the trust that builds between the crane operator and the guys hanging precariously on some sliver of red iron trying to set this or that. Them guys took great care of me. It’s all good till I post a laborer on one of my offside pads and hand him a radio explaining you see so much as a peep of light under there you yell.

Good Mornin Mopar Mob. Heading out for the exercise routine. I think I fooled them all yesterday. Vietnamese people are terribly paranoid that the police will stop you when driving and motorbike or car after drinking. I try to explain to them if you don't do anything stupid. You probably won't get stopped.. they are so paranoid that most of the time they will take a taxi cab to whatever party they're going to if they know they're going to be drinking a lot. Which is cool. Cabs are cheap here. So I take advantage of their paranoia. I show up yesterday evening with my wife on my motorbike. I know that they will not try to force a lot of beer on me. Worked out well. Lol. kkkkkk Kkkkkk :rofl:

Been down that path... couldn't bend the pipe correctly and wasted about 40' of exhaust :BangHead:
IMG_0369.png

This is what i used. But 4 straight pieces if i recall

It is kind of funny the trust that builds between the crane operator and the guys hanging precariously on some sliver of red iron trying to set this or that. Them guys took great care of me. It’s all good till I post a laborer on one of my offside pads and hand him a radio explaining you see so much as a peep of light under there you yell.
Oiling on the big cranes was always amusing :lol: "Alex, if those outriggers get more than a foot off the ground, tell me." :realcrazy:

Got one of those with the slant6 exhaust... it kinda - sorta worked, but the angles were odd with everything coming from the left side of the motor.

Wish my welding was better
Takes time. My welding is pretty good, usually where it cant be seen or when 3/4 of job is done. Im learning, the most heat and least filler you can get away with.

Going to a "Dam Gio" here shortly. That's a party for the Anniversary of the death of a family member here in Vietnam. That's a regular, normal thing here. We are going to her girlfriend's house for the party. Apparently this party is for her late father. Won't be much drinking there either, so I'm good with that. :lol:

Morning all time to pack it up. We’ve done a lot of traveling the last three months it was fun but I’m ready to go home for awhile. Time for coffee!!

Scott, that’s a 63-64 polara grille. That’s worth some serious coin if it’s not dented too badly. I’ve seen them go as high as 2500 in perfect condition.

If you find the matching eye brow trim, those are worth serious bucks too.
That would be nice, but I think it covers the cowl area of a car where the windshield motor, the vent is, etc.

How I am feeling this morning..................:thumbsup: Some of you follow my build thread so I apologize for posting again. I am excited there have been a lot of updates on the car. Blasted K frame, strengthened welds, engine and trans are done and in the car for good. Almost time :steering:

image0 (2).jpeg

image2 - Copy (2).jpeg

image1 - Copy (7).jpeg

image0 - Copy.jpeg

image1 - Copy (5).jpeg

image0 - Copy (5).jpeg

image1 - Copy (4).jpeg

image0 - Copy (4).jpeg

-
Back