Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks great!

I'd also be careful to check all around the heads for water leaks after you get it up and running. Picking up and engine by the heads like that without the intake bolted in can cause the heads to shift sideways and compromise the gasket seal.

I once dropped a 400 in a '68 GTO like you did there and after I got it all up and running I was hearing coolant hissing after I shut it down. Turned out both head gaskets were leaking from under the headers in the middle of each side. It seriously sucked to have to pull the heads off and replace the gaskets on a fresh engine. :(

That does look tighter then a frogs ***. Can't blame you for only wanting to do it once.

Looks great!

I'd also be careful to check all around the heads for water leaks after you get it up and running. Picking up and engine by the heads like that without the intake bolted in can cause the heads to shift sideways and compromise the gasket seal.

I once dropped a 400 in a '68 GTO like you did there and after I got it all up and running I was hearing coolant hissing after I shut it down. Turned out both head gaskets were leaking from under the headers in the middle of each side. It seriously sucked to have to pull the heads off and replace the gaskets on a fresh engine. :(

I've dropped many engines in with the harness. I feel more comfortable using the harness than the "plate" that bolts to the carb flange on the intake... I don't want the engine and trans to be supported by 4 x 5/16" bolts vs 10 x 1/2" head bolts on each side... I usually have the intake bolted on, but he had his LD340 powder coated and I don't want to mark up the finish with the brackets from the harness...

We chased all the threads for the heads and bolts, so we should have good clamp load and it shouldn't affect the head gaskets... (I hope...)

I always chase my threads with a tap and die to make sure that they are clean and good, that way you get the proper clamp load when you torque them... Very important... Plus the parts go together much better when you do...

I've dropped many engines in with the harness. I feel more comfortable using the harness than the "plate" that bolts to the carb flange on the intake... I don't want the engine and trans to be supported by 4 x 5/16" bolts vs 10 x 1/2" head bolts on each side... I usually have the intake bolted on, but he had his LD340 powder coated and I don't want to mark up the finish with the brackets from the harness...

We chased all the threads for the heads and bolts, so we should have good clamp load and it shouldn't affect the head gaskets... (I hope...)

I always chase my threads with a tap and die to make sure that they are clean and good, that way you get the proper clamp load when you torque them... Very important... Plus the parts go together much better when you do...

Sounds good. Hopefully you won't have any issues. :)

Good Morning FABO !!! 340 looks great in there Karl. Just a little tight eh ?

Morning Karl Look at all that room want to do mine! LOL looks great for sure.

Yesterday I was able to remove the temporary exhaust from the GTS and start on the permanent system. Got the head pipes and the Dynomax Ultra Flows on there. But, I need to wait for the Tips from Accurate get here before I install the tailpipes , since the hangar is on the tips. Took some pics and Sound Bites of before and after Mufflers. Enjoy !!

IMG_2909.JPG

Sounds great, love that flex pipe! Awesome for a mock up.
Thanks Ray. The tips should be here by Tuesday according to Accurate. They are on the West Coast. Probably will even sound more different with the tailpipes on.

Got the vss on the cobalt figured out, duh I spliced the wrong two wires, now I cannot find where the extra two go to now! F5%$@!E#^&^&$##@!!!!!

No idea where these two wires go, cant even find them on a diagram but seems like everything works. Weird. Just a pia to get to and look around, be doing the mirror and flashlight thing today after front pads on the firechicken.

No idea where these two wires go, cant even find them on a diagram but seems like everything works. Weird. Just a pia to get to and look around, be doing the mirror and flashlight thing today after front pads on the firechicken.
Lovin that lift , Aint ya ?

Love it more when I fix the ram, thank god it has locks on it. I have to get the cylinder out to measure for the seal kit of course so trying to get the immediate stuff done before it comes out and be down for a while. Used three 20# bags of cat litter so far and a few gallons of 330 hyd oil.

That pic of the GTS and lift is in the shop? You have two rooms?
The lift bay is a few feet below the upper level. The stairs are hidden behind the Blast Cabinet you see in one pic. Here is a pic of the upper area, with the car out.
IMG_2901.JPG

Think that "poping" is coming back time to pull the heads I think. Wonder if it is good head time, like aluminum you perves!

My neck hurts just by looking at all the work Karl and Mitch has got dun yesterday
Congrat's y'all :thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back