Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Been out doing yard work. Based on the forecast, I should have planned to launch the Ark today.. They had another all day washout scheduled with extreme winds and golfball sized hail. LOL Ever since a couple weeks ago when they did not bother to tell us we would get 2 inches of hail, they have leaned toward overdoing the doom and gloom. Looks like we will get at least passing thunderstorms at some point.

Yep was supposed to rain 4 inches on memorial day. Never saw a drop. Same for today.Nothing. So I washed and waxed the escalade for the boss. Tomorrow is or 44th anniversary. Also did a half assed clean upon the 96 bronco my neighbor gave me. I'll post a pick later. Clean truck. Sat for four years needs tires and a rear brake line.

Finally got 'round to cleaning and painting my LCA pins and brake calipers. Cleaning large-ish parts in a vat of (old) gasoline, it helps to not have a sense of smell. Do feel kinda funny, though ...

I hope the 400*C zinc primer sticks to the iron.
2016-06-05 20.44.33.jpg
2016-06-05 20.44.50.jpg
2016-06-05 20.44.54.jpg

I finally got a shot of that Charger Daytona clone I've mentioned a couple of times. One of these days I'm going to stop and chat. Didn't have the opportunity this time, had a hungry and tired 4.5yo in the car.
2016-06-05 17.50.01.jpg

It has a nice rumble. It doesn't have the factory grille, just a mesh of some kind. It's a '70, isn't it? I seem to remember checking that on the Swedish DMV app. It's a 500 with a 383 originally, I believe.

edit: yup. 1970. Imported in 2014.

It has a nice rumble. It doesn't have the factory grille, just a mesh of some kind. It's a '70, isn't it? I seem to remember checking that on the Swedish DMV app. It's a 500 with a 383 originally, I believe.

edit: yup. 1970. Imported in 2014.

You beat me to it. Primed parts look good to.

Just saying Hi guys and catching up. Hot and muggy here but there is a good breeze. Staying home and giving my ears, body and brain a rest from dealing with the public. That Memorial Day storm was indeed strange, all the bad weather was far ahead of it, even though it hit shore here, we hardly noticed it. Today we have clumps of thunderstorms moving in but it looks like they're going to skirt alongside of us. I feel a catnap coming on, home made Sloppy Joe is in the crock pot, a thunderstorm would be just fine with me.

Anders you might want to take the primer out of where the caliper pistons go. 1. it can gum the brake fluid and 2. it can cause the pistons to stick, just put a paper towel in there for the color and make sure the grove for the seal is clean. Hate to say this but where the lca rotate also on the pins can cause it to bind.:rolleyes:

Junk It ? Sounds like a flip to me... Thats what I'd do..
That's my intention. Needs a rear brake line and tires to be road worthy. Usual rust at top of rear fenders. 134 on the od. Air, everything works.

Yep was supposed to rain 4 inches on memorial day. Never saw a drop. Same for today.Nothing. So I washed and waxed the escalade for the boss. Tomorrow is or 44th anniversary. Also did a half assed clean upon the 96 bronco my neighbor gave me. I'll post a pick later. Clean truck. Sat for four years needs tires and a rear brake line.
We got 2 waves of rain since I posted that. first one just dumped for 2 minutes and done. second round had a few good thunder rumbles and maybe 10 minutes of rain. that was maybe 1/2 hour ago. News said its heading your way at 50MPH...
Bronco looks good!

Flushed the radiator of regular Bull $hit, rusty water today, And hooked up the Vac Adv.. Much better Burn Out !!! Checked for Wheel and Tire clearance on the rear also.

-
Back