Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
MMMM a morning D cup! I mean k cups!

I wanted primer in the groove for the piston boot. I came to the conclusion that it would be easiest to do it this way and clean out the piston bores and seal grooves after painting.
I masked off the surface on the LCA pins where they fit in the K-frame. So you think my urethane bushings will bind even if I grease the pins?

I personally would leave them bare metal at any rotation point and where the go into the joint. Why primer in the boot grove?

Yesterday we ordered out for Pizza and samies. Gave the kid the money and he left, go back inside and realized I just grabbed the singles not the thirty that went with it also, called them up and the kid came back on his next run up here and gave it to him with another tip, felt like a smuck, and no beer was involved either!

Yesterday we ordered out for Pizza and samies. Gave the kid the money and he left, go back inside and realized I just grabbed the singles not the thirty that went with it also, called them up and the kid came back on his next run up here and gave it to him with another tip, felt like a smuck, and no beer was involved either!
Good job. Never stiff the delivery kid. Bad karma in that...

OMG It is not going to rain here today! Finally get out to the field I hope!

Mitch, do the 10" drums from the belve fit a bodies? They are in good shape and have the factory spring around them just wondering if they are worth blasting and painting for sale? R an L side with the lugs.

Mitch, do the 10" drums from the belve fit a bodies? They are in good shape and have the factory spring around them just wondering if they are worth blasting and painting for sale? R an L side with the lugs.
Sure, as long as the Abody their goin on is Big Bolt Pattern, Rears Im assuming. On the front Hubs, I believe they use different size bearings.

Which one is it Ben?
large.jpg

Fronts so far the rears still have the tires on until it goes on the lift.

MMMM a morning D cup! I mean k cups!

I personally would leave them bare metal at any rotation point and where the go into the joint. Why primer in the boot grove?
Me and my silly little ideas, I guess. Every one of those grooves were pretty rusty so I thought I'd try to prevent that from happening again too soon.
The look pretty good now, I think.
I plan on painting the bolts, tubes and fittings in a metal color or not at all.
The photo looks a little pinkish on my phone. They're bright red.
image.jpeg

They look nice for sure. Just make sure the bores are clean when you re assemble them if you do not have a hone a trick I have used is get some 400 grit wet dry sandpaper Tape one end wrap it around something like a small extension and put it in a drill and use it like a light hone in the bores.

They look nice for sure. Just make sure the bores are clean when you re assemble them if you do not have a hone a trick I have used is get some 400 grit wet dry sandpaper Tape one end wrap it around something like a small extension and put it in a drill and use it like a light hone in the bores.
I have a bore hone and I trimmed the bristles on a little wire wheel to get the seal groove clean. Sandblasted the bottoms and the fitting holes clean. Nothing like a little extra work, eh?

A caliper rebuild thread would be good in the help area.
What I really could use is a good how-to on inserting the Pistons without shredding the seal. I've destroyed five or six so far. That's the main reason I haven't finished this long ago.

-
Back