Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
LOL If I can get that chicken rolled up in the papers! LOL

Gotta love this News Story from today...

EAGLE POINT, Ore. (AP) — A rancher jumped on his horse Friday morning and lassoed a man who was trying to steal a bicycle in the parking lot of an Oregon Wal-Mart, police said.

Robert Borba was at the Eagle Point store loading dog food and a camping tent into his truck when he heard a woman screaming that someone was trying to steal her bike, the Medford Mail Tribune reports.

The 28-year-old said he quickly got his horse, Long John, out of its trailer. He grabbed a rope, rode over to the man who was reportedly struggling with the bike gears and attempting to flee on foot. Borba lassoed the man around the legs and when he dropped, Borba dragged him to one end of the parking lot.

"I seen this fella trying to get up to speed on a bicycle," Borba told the Tribune. "I wasn't going to catch him on foot. I just don't run very fast."

Borba said the man tried to grab a tree and get away, but he kept the rope tight and the man in place.

"I use a rope every day, that's how I make my living," Borba said. "If it catches cattle pretty good, it catches a bandit pretty good."

Eagle Point police Sgt. Darin May said officers arrived and found the lassoed man and bike on the ground in the parking lot.

"We've never had anyone lassoed and held until we got there," May said. "That's a first for me."

Police arrested Victorino Arellano-Sanchez, whom they described as a transient from the Seattle area, on a theft charge.

Cowboy.jpg

Gotta love this News Story from today...

EAGLE POINT, Ore. (AP) — A rancher jumped on his horse Friday morning and lassoed a man who was trying to steal a bicycle in the parking lot of an Oregon Wal-Mart, police said.

Robert Borba was at the Eagle Point store loading dog food and a camping tent into his truck when he heard a woman screaming that someone was trying to steal her bike, the Medford Mail Tribune reports.

The 28-year-old said he quickly got his horse, Long John, out of its trailer. He grabbed a rope, rode over to the man who was reportedly struggling with the bike gears and attempting to flee on foot. Borba lassoed the man around the legs and when he dropped, Borba dragged him to one end of the parking lot.

"I seen this fella trying to get up to speed on a bicycle," Borba told the Tribune. "I wasn't going to catch him on foot. I just don't run very fast."

Borba said the man tried to grab a tree and get away, but he kept the rope tight and the man in place.

"I use a rope every day, that's how I make my living," Borba said. "If it catches cattle pretty good, it catches a bandit pretty good."

Eagle Point police Sgt. Darin May said officers arrived and found the lassoed man and bike on the ground in the parking lot.

"We've never had anyone lassoed and held until we got there," May said. "That's a first for me."

Police arrested Victorino Arellano-Sanchez, whom they described as a transient from the Seattle area, on a theft charge.

View attachment 1714942997
That's a great story. We have grocery stores here in town with 'hitchin posts' for your horses. I'd love to have seen it happen here..

It's such a nice warm evening tonight sitting outside watching the light fade from the sky...

Soft, warm and friendly feeling. I can smell the BBQ grills and hear the music and laughter gently lifting into the air from the parties around the neighborhood. Even the birds seem to be lazily enjoying the evening.

Perfect.

Dang it. By the time the wife got home the guy with the cuda ledt. But I talked to my neighbor, guess it's not a real AAR but a clone with a 360 crate engine. But he said the guy was coming back next week and he'd call me to come over to check it out

Still hot here. Lots of rumble going on. Some heat lighting. But no rain.

Dang it. By the time the wife got home the guy with the cuda ledt. But I talked to my neighbor, guess it's not a real AAR but a clone with a 360 crate engine. But he said the guy was coming back next week and he'd call me to come over to check it out
Most of them are clones. But I have seen some really nice ones.

Most of them are clones. But I have seen some really nice ones.
I was just thrilled to see it. Not a lot of mopars in this area and a cuda of any type is even rarer. I do know where an original panther pink 340 cuda is locally. Guy doesn't do anything but pull it in and out of the garage. Yes I was that annoying person who had to stop and ask bout it one day when he washing it years ago.

I was just thrilled to see it. Not a lot of mopars in this area and a cuda of any type is even rarer. I do know where an original panther pink 340 cuda is locally. Guy doesn't do anything but pull it in and out of the garage. Yes I was that annoying person who had to stop and ask bout it one day when he washing it years ago.
Well at least you got to see it.

-
Back