Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1728219253675.png

Good morning everyone. Did I miss anything? Got the rest of my painting on the Charger done, brakes fixed on my truck, picked up some parts from a guy, took the topper off the truck and put the Charger front suspension back in.

I love history and it is amazing to me all the work that was accomplished with the older machines.
Speaking of history, how does it feel to be older than dirt? Perhaps a bit dehydrated this morning are we? Congrats on making it thru yet another roll of the wheel. Great calendar pic by the way!

Good morning everyone. Did I miss anything? Got the rest of my painting on the Charger done, brakes fixed on my truck, picked up some parts from a guy, took the topper off the truck and put the Charger front suspension back in.
You been hanging out with Frank? Holy smokes I got tired just reading your list!

Want to just enjoy it and not work all day, but probably start changing some deck boards today. I finished mowing yesterday. Also moved some dirt. There is an 'alley' down through the grass at the side where I took the stump out. I still have a pile of dirt there that was right to the edge where the neighbor behind us sometimes drives through. (I also go in there, but not much) Anyway, he asked if I was going to be moving that dirt...... I am gradually using it to fill some low spots and will probably clean it up in spring, but moved it back a couple feet for now. Then I was looking why he comes over so far and there is a lilac bush that was right at the other edge of the lane and had grown to near 4 ft into the ally. I cut it down and he brought the Kubota up and ripped the roots out. Was a bit of work for me for something that was technically his problem, but its gone now.

BLT's for breakfast, fresh strawberries. Got to finish this electric water pump job on this Toyota this morning.
PXL_20241006_133334239.jpg

A pic of the move from our old house to our property during build, one buddy loaned me the trailer for storing it (about 9 months until shop), other buddy loaned me his Ford Dually, looks very similar to Chris' except it was a V-10 gas I think, anyways it didn't know it had a trailer with a car in it in tow.

IMG_4349 (1).jpg

It's Snoopy Sunday!

View attachment 1716312261

Good morning :D
I have always wanted an XKE something about 12 cylinders is just so tempting. There seems to be no middle ground on the design of the car with that long nose. You either like it or you very don’t. No gray! Hah! I like em!

My son picked up a solid zero rust 73 Charger, I went all over it and nothing ! A solid bones car, big block 400 4 barrel, perfect glass and bumpers, he and I have spent more time together because of it :thumbsup: got the new front brakes done Friday, now keeping an eye out for a pair of bucket seats from 71 to , ah I think 75 B body cars

20240914_164220.jpg

20240915_152644.jpg

20241004_185053.jpg

I have always wanted an XKE something about 12 cylinders is just so tempting. There seems to be no middle ground on the design of the car with that long nose. You either like it or you very don’t. No gray! Hah! I like em!
I remember seeing them Everywhere when I lived in Vienna in the early sixties. I always thought they were Hot.... :thumbsup:

When I was at So. Vandenberg on the Shuttle Complex job, the guy that ran our saw yard had a real nice XKE :thumbsup: . We had 2 gates we could use to access the place, one of them only open during common working hours and the other was a very twisty and hilly adventure through the central coast brush country. I started my ready mix plant before the rest of the crew got there frequently and was very familiar with the trip through the brush. Most every time I took that route in the morning I saw this bigass buck standing in the road. The sawman didn't know about that buck and had to take the brush country route one morning. :eek: wadded that XKE up like a Miller Lite can under the heel of my boot :lol:.

-
Back