Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ahh NO thanks.
Better then this Fred.

1663985523064.jpg

KD and a couple Johnsonville brats.
We roasted today. A/C in shop window did awesome!
Wheels almost all bead blasted.
A friend is purging his garage, ended up with a truckload. Everything but the kitchen sink. No, i wasnt taking the sink..or the toilet..

Changed the metering rod springs in this carb and man what a difference... idles way smoother, not melting my eyes out and pulls 13 inches now instead of 8-10... Also pull the the drivers header loose to replace the gasket.. I got those thick aluminum Percy gaskets...

Had to pull the valve cover for that which is ok, i have been hearing lifter noise and they all feel fine but i haven't turned the motor to really check em yet.. think i'm gonna get a compression tester and check that at the same time since i don't know anything bout this motor...

KD and a couple Johnsonville brats.
We roasted today. A/C in shop window did awesome!
Wheels almost all bead blasted.
A friend is purging his garage, ended up with a truckload. Everything but the kitchen sink. No, i wasnt taking the sink..or the toilet..
:rofl:

Changed the metering rod springs in this carb and man what a difference... idles way smoother, not melting my eyes out and pulls 13 inches now instead of 8-10... Also pull the the drivers header loose to replace the gasket.. I got those thick aluminum Percy gaskets...

Had to pull the valve cover for that which is ok, i have been hearing lifter noise and they all feel fine but i haven't turned the motor to really check em yet.. think i'm gonna get a compression tester and check that at the same time since i don't know anything bout this motor...
Sounds like it's getting dialed in good.

Sounds like it's getting dialed in good.
yeah.. way happier sounding, also ordered a remote start switch so my relay doesn't end up looking like i welded on it :)

The lifter noise bugs me but won't panic til i check everything.. i shoulda have wrote down how much turn i went past zero on the rockers..

Soooo I guess I can tell everyone the news now.

I finally ventured into politics… at least at the local level. I was elected/selected as township co-chairman for the township historical society. Unpaid position of course but figured why not. I love history and our township has a ton of it especially given that next years fair display will likely be centered around the 80th anniversary of VE and VJ Day

Soooo I guess I can tell everyone the news now.

I finally ventured into politics… at least at the local level. I was elected/selected as township co-chairman for the township historical society. Unpaid position of course but figured why not. I love history and our township has a ton of it especially given that next years fair display will likely be centered around the 80th anniversary of VE and VJ Day
very cool :)

yeah.. way happier sounding, also ordered a remote start switch so my relay doesn't end up looking like i welded on it :)

The lifter noise bugs me but won't panic til i check everything.. i shoulda have wrote down how much turn i went past zero on the rockers..
I'm not an engine tech but you are running solid lifters or hydraulic.

very cool :)
Best part is, my only responsibilities involve gathering historical pictures and documents and preparing them into a public display every year at the county fair. Then helping with the 4th grade Indiana history day in the fall

Best part is, my only responsibilities involve gathering historical pictures and documents and preparing them into a public display every year at the county fair. Then helping with the 4th grade Indiana history day in the fall
that is cool,. you shouldn't have to deal with problems or people too much

Damn, the water heater is on the fritz again. I did get it relit but it probably won't stay lit. Woulda, coulda, shoulda called the shop today. I'll just stay home from vacation to get it fixed. Oh well.

-
Back