Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
tumblr_490b2aba1108092c5c84220a34fd2013_1d98bd78_500.gif

Morning!
Already wam,muggy. 85 and Tunderstorm on its way. Glad i finished blasting Dennis’s wheels last night. Do some prep work, and paint back side today. This afternoon that is.
Hoping to have battery/start/run circuits done today. Then i can drive it on to the hoist.

Morning. Off to physical therapy shortly for the latest LOD, vehicle roll over in June on drill. Injured my shoulder and my left leg and trying to get that all figured out now

Morning. Off to physical therapy shortly for the latest LOD, vehicle roll over in June on drill. Injured my shoulder and my left leg and trying to get that all figured out now
Good luck at your appt., damaged soft tissue stuff or ?

hoping these percy gaskets fit my header leak.. i think the rear port on the flange isn't in great shape.. don't wanna pull the header all the way out. luckily if i pull the starter the header comes right out.. but meh... worst case is pull it and weld around the flange and grind smooth. Once again doing every job 3 times:)

things like this make me wish i had a belt sander :) I need 1 more bay in my garage just for tools.... belt sander... welding bench... shelves.. glorious shelves....

To make things flat like that I use a med honing stone. Cheap and works great. Need to re dress it hit it on a flat surface with course psa sandpaper on say glass.

1722426287114.png

To make things flat like that I use a med honing stone. Cheap and works great. Need to re dress it hit it on a flat surface with course psa sandpaper on say glass.

View attachment 1716283191

When i took it off last night the last tube has a little twist in it when i loosened the bolts so i will prolly have to fix that, maybe cut the flange and straighten it out. Hoping to get away with the fat alum gaskets first.. Can't stand that 1 cyl header leak, reminds me of every 78 camaro everyone had when i was younger tick tick tick

When i took it off last night the last tube has a little twist in it when i loosened the bolts so i will prolly have to fix that, maybe cut the flange and straighten it out. Hoping to get away with the fat alum gaskets first.. Can't stand that 1 cyl header leak, reminds me of every 78 camaro everyone had when i was younger tick tick tick
:lol:

As rough as every set of headers I've ever seen looks on the back side of the flange, it's a wonder they don't ALL leak :lol:

yeah, there is a guy on FBBO that sells like 40 year old sets of Dougs "Nos" for $100 a pair... i had to actually cut out a pipe and move it to clear the starter... NOS and Defective shouldn't mean the same thing :) That being said.. other than that one pipe they fit and go in super easy. Small block in a b-body though :)

Friend had a set that always had a leak :BangHead: We changed flange gasket after flange gasket and no help. We finally pulled the leaky side out of the van all the way to look it over. Just happened to glance down the collector :eek: "There's daylight down there! :wtf:" Where the four primaries gathered in the collector, there was an unwelded gap between the tubes. Stuck the wire feed in there and squeezed the trigger and no more leak. :lol:

I finally found a website that has our local oval track schedule :thumbsup: Since that dummass manager won't update the track's site. DirtFan.com . Looks like they may have bout every track in the country on there.

-
Back