Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. Need to dig into the rear axle on my truck, and a few other things around the house before the cruise later.

I drive down this street occasionally, always like driving by this and yesterday snapped a few pics from the truck, anyone know the year?

Fish1.jpeg

Fish2.jpeg

Fish3.jpeg

I drive down this street occasionally, always like driving by this and yesterday snapped a few pics from the truck, anyone know the year?

View attachment 1716284469

View attachment 1716284470

View attachment 1716284471

I have never been able to tell those years ago.. i know guys that love them though will be like "But yes... there is a blemish on the right tail-light that only happened on march-april of '67 models and this is a '68.. the owner is a hack and this car is junk" -- Point is they get real serious bout anything mismatched on them :)

1722687295023.jpeg

I have never been able to tell those years ago.. i know guys that love them though will be like "But yes... there is a blemish on the right tail-light that only happened on march-april of '67 models and this is a '68.. the owner is a hack and this car is junk" -- Point is they get real serious bout anything mismatched on them :)

View attachment 1716284472
Snobbery lol! I was thinking round 67 but have no idea. Would love to have either the Barracuda or the truck, both would work for me!

BTW.. Bardot in 1954... don't think i ever saw her before she went full bombshell... looks even better here..
1722687660110.jpeg

when i got my car i could have gotten a cali notchback for 1k more.. had a locked 273 and i passed :( Notchbacks never worked for me, but i bet minitubbed would look great on that

Well at work I had my "board" where they did the facts and findings, now goes to a call on the 8th that includes the guy who's been hired to "right size" the company. Other IT types have got the axe during that call, I am the first union Telecom tech to be involved with it (how's that for an achievement?). My boss says I have nothing to worry about, yeah....

Marie Callandar's Beef Pot Pie for dinner. I did add a pork chop that I had in the refrigerator. Always have to add something.
View attachment 1716284224

Thought I was the only one eating pot pies. Needs more gravy Mitch......
Had a chicken one earlier this week for lunch Usually have a box of them in the freezer downstairs...
Morning........................

We did not get a drop! :BangHead::BangHead:
Good Morning. No idea how much, but we got a quick soaker last night. Expecting more later today. We need it.

Someone on here the other day said he thought it was about time to get a pork butt and smoke it, I saw one at commissary, right price so picked it up. Only ever done 1 or 2 in past, usually kill a brisket lol! Anyone have suggestions for how they like to smoke their pork?

Someone on here the other day said he thought it was about time to get a pork butt and smoke it, I saw one at commissary, right price so picked it up. Only ever done 1 or 2 in past, usually kill a brisket lol! Anyone have suggestions for how they like to smoke their pork?
That was me... i ended up not getting any cause of lazy :( for a pork butt (i am assuming 7-9pounds?) Don't do low and slow... do 350 not 225.. you cannot tell the difference and even competition guys do this now, it will drop your cook time by a TON.. Slather in mustard or worstershire (worstershire will stain.. so wear gloves) you won't taste either but they hold the rub on (if you use rub) cover in rub.. Optional to put in the fridge for a few hours to let it penetrate a bit... get it on the smoker for 7-12 hours. Basically til the middle is 175-195 depending how tender you want it, i like to pull mine around 185 as they do keep cooking from risidual heat for awhile.

Let it cool and shred it. I shred in a big pan and add a bit more rub and mix it into the meat as i go...

If you havne't smoked much.. go watch some youtube vids on your smoker setup and basics... it's supposed to be fun, just enjoy :)

Yeah.. fully tubbed is a bit too much, that first one looks awesome though... I like my car but i'm not loving it.. always feel "What if" and i could have had that notch back on the road in weeks not years :)
That black one is over done. But I had to post it. Mini tub looks great.

I'm looking for pics of Craig's drop top. THey must be in a MITP file.

Also, trim your fat cap back before smoking, it won't all render if you don't and you will end up with some slimey fat.. leave a bit but not like 1" thick, smoke with fat side up so it seeps into the meat...

Not sure if you are using a charcoal smoker or what.. but put your wood chunks/chips UNDER the coals.. not on top.. big mistake people make..

I don't wrap the meat in foil.... if you do that you end up with a soft crust, and those hard bits are the best part...

You can spritz/spray every hour if you want to.. i don't i just watch temps and let it cook.

Also.. run your smoker for a bit to let it settle, the smoke coming out should be very light, not white.. if it's white and smells like a hosue fire it's not ready...
This is a good video to see how a easy basic one is done

I'm looking for pics of Craig's drop top. THey must be in a MITP file.
You know what's funny is convertible mopars do nothing for me, i think the roofline is what makes the cars and when you have a convertible it wrecks it... especially like a 67-69 dart.. or a early b-body, the roofline has soo much character..
1722689467821.jpeg

-
Back